– (2022) – A woman rents a house that’s already occupied by another guest, and matters significantly worsen from there. Explaining anything else would give away too many surprises, as some developments are too outrageous and suspenseful to spoil. Although the final five minutes kind of stink, getting to them is one hell of a ride.
541 total views, 33 views today
– (2022) – Ensuing the suicide of a patient, a therapist experiences ghostly happenings of the grinning variety. A crawling test of endurance that manages to rip off several movies at once, notably The Ring and It Follows, while rendering itself a comedy when attempting shocks. Never comes close to matching the fear factor of the movies it steals ideas from, and eventually becomes an incompetent joke.
846 total views, 27 views today
– (2022) – A man-creature that kills every 23 years returns to ruin the lives of those attending a costume party. The story stinks, the characters stink, the dialog stinks, and the shooting method stinks. On a positive note, each awful component makes for a so-bad-it’s-good watch. Entertaining for all the wrong reasons, but at least it entertains.
1,294 total views, 32 views today
– (2022) – A guy who’s dressed as a clown is out and about murdering people on Halloween. That’s about it. There’s something of a story regarding a small family, but it’s just flimsy glue to hold the gore scenes together. A 138-minute excursion that’s billed as a wall-to-wall splatterfest, but most of this is padded with never ending scenes of ordinary characters going through ordinary motions.
1,401 total views, 27 views today
– (2022) – The relationship between two young women falls apart when one of them ventures into the woods and returns possessed. Gets off to a fun start, with colorful characters enjoying life amid a great soundtrack. Once the possession angle sets in, however, so too does boredom . The zaniness gradually becomes repetitive and too reminiscent of similar (and better) tales. Aims for an emotional conclusion, but misses the mark.
1,620 total views, 29 views today
your a-z guide to obscure & classic horror movies
– (2008) – A teacher and pupil explore paranormal activity, or lack thereof, in a house believed to harbor a spirit. Tremendously boring, and about an hour too long, but the outcome is commendable. Still, even the few good ideas are wasted in what could have been a better short.
2,002 total views, 4 views today
– (2011) – Vacationing friends find the man/alligator they’re searching for… with unfortunate results. The swamp atmosphere isn’t too bad, but the story and characters are painfully redundant. Moves too slow to provide any fun.
1,886 total views, 9 views today
– (1986) – King Kong encounters hillbillies and the military on his quest to reclaim Lady Kong. The pathetic concept warrants laughter from all involved, as it’s played entirely straight. Almost too bad to believe, but a few moments actually work.
2,196 total views, 5 views today
– (2001) – Teenage girls return from death and kill the living while seeking love. The quirky premise is carried out in a wacky manner, but many of the oddities are simply annoying. Cheap and dumb, but short and brisk.
1,807 total views, 9 views today
– (1973) – A ritual resurrects a vampire who brings down trouble on a voodoo cult. The police involvements show just how corny vampire lore can be, but the drama is played straight and makes the most of its slim premise. Slows considerably in the third act, but is usually enjoyable.
2,303 total views, 15 views today
– (2002) – Two couples on a road trip in search of twisted attractions encounter a family more warped than they could have imagined. An easy watch, but the heroes are too obnoxious to root for and the villains too campy to fear. Lacks focus all around, but gets better once the more irritating characters are dead.
2,425 total views, 6 views today
– (2000) – Toxie returns to fight his evil Doppelganger with help from “special” students. The narrative is a bit disjointed, as one moment we’re dealing with strong political viewpoints while the next treats us to gore and humor of the crudest variety. Still a fun time with incomparable highlights, and Tito steals the show.
1,950 total views, 4 views today