– (2021) – A curse that divided a town is explored in the first half and dealt with in the second. Just as ordinary in the opening stages as it is in the waning moments, as nothing regarding witchcraft nor serial killers is remotely original. An overlong finale to an overlong trilogy that at best supplies some decent violence and serviceable acting.
833 total views, 23 views today
– (2021) – Delinquents at a summer camp are forced to deal with witch-possessed murderers. The highs rest in the abundance of violence, solid atmosphere, and some characters who eventually grow on you. The lows rest in plot convolution, a few irritating characters, and a lackluster conclusion. Imperfect, but an improvement over the rather irritating previous entry.
1,494 total views, 23 views today
– (2021) – Talkative teens believe a witch is possessing others to commit a slew of murders in their small town. An incredibly noisy outing that begins with too many 90’s music clips, piles in characters who never shut up, and features a score that rarely stops playing. The plot is a mess and the length is too long, but this does at least attempt a credible mystery.
1,553 total views, 23 views today
– (2019) – Documentary that explores the creation of a highly controversial revenge flick that offended some and invigorated others. Doesn’t deal with a ton of so-called experts that bog down many docs, but offers insights from a few who worked on the film and a credible few who didn’t. By focusing on the sole cast and creators, we experience a near-lifetime of ups and cinematic downs.
2,204 total views, 25 views today
your a-z guide to obscure & classic horror movies
– (1991) – A large alligator feeds on a community where a wealthy realtor is trying to sell expensive homes. The characters and all of their actions are bona fide cliches, but there is some amusement in how new this tries to feel. Unapologetically rips off every tired antic of cop dramas and monster movies.
414 total views, 1 views today
– (2007) – Army trainees assisting scientists befall a mutant clan of cannibals. The first half isn’t bad, but boredom reigns once the soldiers enter dark caves. An abundance of gore almost saves the day.
397 total views, 1 views today
– (1963) – A small town is invaded by flocks of pissed off birds. The winged activity is okay, but the character relationships irritate. The whole set-up is without any conviction (the lead seriously travels 60 miles to break into a stranger’s house to give him birds) therefore, the action lacks emotion.
423 total views, 2 views today
– (1993) – A boy dies while saving the life of his crush, and returns to take her to the prom. Ridiculous in horror, comedy, and drama to the point where eye rolling becomes customary. Too corny to mean anything, but has a few funny bits.
334 total views, 3 views today
– (2005) – A woman is hired to care for an elderly man in a house of hoodoo secrets. Some parts of the mystery are intriguing, and the conclusion is bizarre, but the overall pace makes every second feel like an hour. Best when dealing with atmosphere, since the character stories leave much to be desired.
458 total views, 4 views today
– (2013) – Anthology of three stories that focus on captive women, an alien invader, and a driver terrorized by a clown. The Halloween wraparounds are absorbing, but the stories themselves repel the overall enjoyment. Holds attention, but is rather chintzy and never instills fear.
416 total views, 1 views today
– (1992) – A lawyer investigates a stripper who has ties to an evil blues artist. Attempts to have a mysterious noir vibe, but fails by spiking boredom to inhumane levels. An overwrought mess with nothing to care about.
379 total views, 2 views today