– (2002) – A small party is invaded by diabolical puppets of Satan. Strives for a campy edge by staging itself as a live action cartoon, but nothing is remotely funny nor engaging on any level. Characters are types, while the obnoxious villains wear out nerves in a hurry.
139 total views
– (1962) – A young girl and a skunk intend to save a wolf and an ogre from certain death. Perhaps the most traumatic children’s movie in creation, as dark creepiness, uncomfortable progressions, and nods to Satan aren’t uncommon. An absurd curiosity that’s hard to believe exists, but any joy experienced by such a travesty is ruined by repetition, aggravation, and irritation.
89 total views
– (1994) – A cop and his obnoxious partner track an agent of Satan in Israel. Fueled by corn from start to finish, but not in a way that’s overly humorous. The jokes are rather dumb and the action is rather drab, but what’s worse is how stagnant the plot is and how little horror is represented.
68 total views
– (2016) – God, the devil, and their acquaintances sing through the plight of putting dark souls in Heaven. Not nearly as painful as the dull original, as this one shows signs of life. The plot tends to confuse, and the songs are repetitive, but there is progression and solid production values.
63 total views
– (1974) – An author becomes entangled in plots of satanism, possession, magic, and smut. Not the easiest to describe, but isn’t too hard to watch as some characters are decent enough to spend time with. Slow and drab, but has enough going on to hold attention.
58 total views
– (1971) – A small family becomes stranded in a small town that has a large satanism issue. The initial mystery of missing children is rock solid, and the direction is in high style, but the pace drags to the point where this becomes a chore. Good in spots, but too droll overall.
48 total views
– (1978) – A dog born of evil finds his way into a happy family and makes them miserable. Every now and again something corny will occur to open eyes, but most everything else is dull and pointless. Basically worthless, but has shots that create laughter… for all the wrong reasons.
47 total views
– (1980) – A man researching a mirrored relic becomes involved with a young woman who escaped from a satanic cult. Has a ho-hum pace and only a few eye opening advancements, but does hold attention throughout. The conclusion is somewhat unexpected and creepy.
49 total views
-(1979) – A married couple moves into a house that inverts crosses and spews gook. Begins with an overlong satanic ritual that paves the way for the sheer boredom that follows. There’s hardly any dialog, barely any movement, and not one inkling of suspense. For some reason ends with a voodoo ritual.
66 total views
– (2011) – An aspiring priest who’s skeptical of God assists in an exorcism that goes wrong. The lead’s plight doesn’t make sense, and only serves as an excuse to have him change in the end. Wrought with over dramatic scenarios already seen in a slew of Exorcist rip-offs.
46 total views, 1 views today