– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
144 total views
– (2020) – Four budding witches develop their powers amid common high school struggles. Hardly reinvents the witchcraft wheel as nothing presented is remotely fresh. A remake/reboot that’s far more obnoxious than meaningful, and far more tedious than gripping. The final twist, however, is decent.
188 total views
– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
173 total views
– (2019) – A troubled young woman believes her dead mother is in her phone, and violently goes off the deep end. Won’t win awards for character depth, as only the lead actress is drawn, but there is some enjoyment thanks to a brisk pace and bloody instances. The conclusion, while preposterous, is somehow more bonkers than the set-up.
177 total views
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
177 total views
– (1977) – A husky young woman uses her telekinesis to torment her enemies. The opening death should have been far more elaborate, and the rest feels the same. There are many good parts, but nothing stands out as significant. Has a solid twist toward the end, but also a lot of soap opera moments throughout.
459 total views
– (2020) – A bullied teen makes a deal with a Greek myth to obliterate her wrongdoers. Opens eyes during moments of gore, but this is mostly dragged down by typical teenage shenanigans of the annoying variety. Piled high with horror devices that have been unoriginal for decades, and the look of the killer is cheap.
556 total views, 2 views today
– (2017) – The students of Tromaville High continue to contend with radioactive adversaries of the mutant kind. The story is all over the place and never makes sense, but by now the plot in this series is hardly a cause for concern. This is the zaniest and most ludicrous of the bunch, and has some truly hysterical moments perhaps only Troma fans will recognize.
355 total views
– (2019) – High school kids befriend a woman who lets them party in her basement, but she gradually becomes too involved in their lives. Works best when laying out insanity, but some occurrences are a bit on the silly side. The major problem is the antagonist’s motive, which doesn’t necessitate the brutal outcome.
500 total views
– (2018) – A small group of young women form a coven to benefit themselves and ruin others. Does a good job showcasing bitchy girls with minor vendettas, but never creates a distinctive social point outside obvious horror tropes. Has some authentic humor, but is consistently routine.
276 total views