– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
73 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
179 total views
– (1987) – A musician and a shrink move into the manor of a former slave owner and quickly experience strange occurrences. Never does anything unique, and feels too dry for something so choppy, but has okay moments that rely on cheese. Too sloppy to fully work, but some absurdities are fun.
192 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
197 total views
– (1995) – A sorority in league with the devil picks on a pledge who turns the tables on them. Has plenty of nudity and scantily clad women, which serve as the highlights since a story is non-existent. This isn’t funny, dramatic, nor scary, but it’s not long either. Moves fast through one dim scene after another, yet is still prone to bore.
193 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
228 total views
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
395 total views
– (2019) – A meteor crashes onto the property of an isolated family, and brings with it troubles of the colorful kind. Begins by building credibility in the few characters before tossing them into some truly dire situations. Not entirely deep from an emotional perspective, but gets by on unpredictability and dark surrealism.
345 total views
– (1995) – A relic collector with the ability to spawn demons tracks down his decades-long nemesis in a desolate hotel. A little too sluggish at times, but the action is admirable when it does kick in. Has great creature F/X and some R-rated surprises, but an absolutely rotten ending nearly ruins the goods.
395 total views
– (2019) – A group of people become trapped in a field of grass that can manipulate time. Goes through varying stages of irritation, mostly dealing with perpetually shouting characters and pretentious plotting. Dialog hits a new low as well, and finding out what this is all about becomes less of a concern the more the nagging story progresses.
504 total views