– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
61 total views
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
211 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A meteor crashes onto the property of an isolated family, and brings with it troubles of the colorful kind. Begins by building credibility in the few characters before tossing them into some truly dire situations. Not entirely deep from an emotional perspective, but gets by on unpredictability and dark surrealism.
225 total views
– (1995) – A relic collector with the ability to spawn demons tracks down his decades-long nemesis in a desolate hotel. A little too sluggish at times, but the action is admirable when it does kick in. Has great creature F/X and some R-rated surprises, but an absolutely rotten ending nearly ruins the goods.
224 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A group of people become trapped in a field of grass that can manipulate time. Goes through varying stages of irritation, mostly dealing with perpetually shouting characters and pretentious plotting. Dialog hits a new low as well, and finding out what this is all about becomes less of a concern the more the nagging story progresses.
208 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
116 total views
– (1964) – A baron’s mourning over his deceased wife makes trouble for his new marriage, as does a suspicious black cat. Has moments that showcase a pulse, but a lot of this finds characters endlessly talking. Never frightening, and the plot is all over the place, but it’s short and has a decent outcome.
228 total views
– (2015) – Police try to unravel a case that finds a group of paranormal investigators missing while one of them is suspected of murder. Though horror events do transpire, we know virtually nothing about anyone they’re happening to. The structure works, but the story never leads to realms of tension.
130 total views
– (2019) – A babysitter in the house of demonic relic collectors inadvertently unleashes the evil intentions of a possessed doll. Does what it can to establish credible characters, and they are likable, but the horror inflicted upon them is rather routine. Gets busy toward the end, but also feels unfocused. The best of the three so far, but still underwhelming.
135 total views
– (2015) – College friends move into a house that’s haunted by Lizzie Borden. Though nothing commendable occurs on any cinematic level, the overall wretchedness makes for a pretty fun time. Moves quickly through its powerful stupidity, and creates quite a few unintentional laughs.
140 total views