– (2019) – War veterans become trapped in a bar by a narcotics dealer and his drug-ravaged minions. The senior cast is a welcome sight, as is the plethora of gore, but the plot and characters are beyond thin. Grows repetitive in a hurry, but moves relatively fast through the many violent moments.
43 total views
– (2020) – Enhanced Graboid spawns make trouble for an island inhabited by trophy hunters. A pretty dry and overlong entry in a series that simply doesn’t need to progress anymore. Never outright bad, but it’s too stale overall, from familiar jokes to familiar monster activity.
269 total views
– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
831 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
229 total views
– (2020) – Ocean researches become trapped miles beneath the surface when their rig is destroyed. On top of escape they also battle a monster. Gets off to an exciting and tense start, but gradually becomes repetitive and dull. Manages some suspense toward the end, but there’s little danger felt for the characters since all we know about them are thin backstories.
249 total views
– (2020) – Twelve people are hunted for sport, and those not immediately picked off are left to figure out why. Gets off to a rip-roaring, unpredictable start packed with plenty of gory mayhem. Slows considerably after the first half hour, but still maintains intrigue thanks to a bonkers plot and an even more bonkers lead actress. Says enough about politics to “trigger” the easily offended.
243 total views
– (2007) – A woman who survived a zombie attack on an island returns to that island to bring them all down. Pretty much Aliens with zombies in place of monsters, yet has so many off-the-wall moments it’s hard to condemn as just a casual rip-off. Gore is plentiful, zombies are everywhere, and the outcome is admiringly disgusting.
256 total views
– (2004) – Soldiers venture into a jungle on a search and rescue mission, but encounter enraged cannibals. Begins as an obvious rip-off of Cannibal Holocaust before becoming an obvious rip-off of Predator. The amount of plagiarism has to be seen to be believed, yet is the only redeeming quality.
267 total views
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters who are at their best when behaving their worst.
748 total views
– (2008) – Aliens that almost depleted Earth’s population return to deplete Earth’s population. Bottom of the barrel sci-fi junk that’s jam packed with atrocious acting, nauseating dialog, and inept F/X. Goes through every routine disaster movie motion while refusing to accomplish anything remotely original.
516 total views