– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
682 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
165 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Ocean researches become trapped miles beneath the surface when their rig is destroyed. On top of escape they also battle a monster. Gets off to an exciting and tense start, but gradually becomes repetitive and dull. Manages some suspense toward the end, but there’s little danger felt for the characters since all we know about them are thin backstories.
183 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Twelve people are hunted for sport, and those not immediately picked off are left to figure out why. Gets off to a rip-roaring, unpredictable start packed with plenty of gory mayhem. Slows considerably after the first half hour, but still maintains intrigue thanks to a bonkers plot and an even more bonkers lead actress. Says enough about politics to “trigger” the easily offended.
179 total views
– (2007) – A woman who survived a zombie attack on an island returns to that island to bring them all down. Pretty much Aliens with zombies in place of monsters, yet has so many off-the-wall moments it’s hard to condemn as just a casual rip-off. Gore is plentiful, zombies are everywhere, and the outcome is admiringly disgusting.
212 total views
– (2004) – Soldiers venture into a jungle on a search and rescue mission, but encounter enraged cannibals. Begins as an obvious rip-off of Cannibal Holocaust before becoming an obvious rip-off of Predator. The amount of plagiarism has to be seen to be believed, yet is the only redeeming quality.
218 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters who are at their best when behaving their worst.
557 total views
– (2008) – Aliens that almost depleted Earth’s population return to deplete Earth’s population. Bottom of the barrel sci-fi junk that’s jam packed with atrocious acting, nauseating dialog, and inept F/X. Goes through every routine disaster movie motion while refusing to accomplish anything remotely original.
415 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A bulky spawn from Hell must keep a reassembled witch from ruining the world. While the multitude of F/X range from cheesy to impressive, the script never rises above lame. There’s simply too much happening, and not nearly enough time is spent on getting to know a single character.
187 total views
– (2019) – Giant monsters are unleashed to deplete the world population, but they’re more intent on wiping out each other. The human characters are forgettable thanks largely to a stale and corny script, but fans of the series won’t care. The entire point here are the F/X filled action scenes, which are pretty effective when not too dark or discombobulated.
204 total views