– (2017) – An ancient evil is unleashed in the form of an Egyptian woman, and it’s up to archaeologists to stop her. Gets off to a decent start with some excitement and humor, but hits the brakes halfway through, adds one subplot too many, and stops making any sense. Worsens by the minute, and continually loses focus.
255 total views, 1 views today
– (2014) – A group of girls and their wannabe Indiana Jones instructor encounter a possessing force. Calling this horror is a long shot since most every occurrence features clean clothed idiots wandering around a filthy underground. Blood is puked here and there, but so too is talent.
221 total views
– (1944) – The draining of a swamp leads to the resurrection of a mummy and a priestess. Aside from the set-up and atmosphere, there’s nothing entirely engaging going on. Dull in its entirety, but does have some commendable moments.
257 total views, 1 views today
– (1944) – A high priest summons a mummy to claim a woman who has ties to an ancient priestess. Mostly on the slow side, but there’s an abundance of monster activity amid a decent story. The grim conclusion is especially fulfilling.
250 total views
– (1942) – An undead mummy is summoned to destroy those who’ve desecrated a princess’s tomb. Once again, the titular villain is almost never in sight, until the final act that too-closely resembles Frankenstein. Provides no connections to any heroes or villains.
227 total views, 1 views today
– (1940) – Archaeologists in search of an ancient princess resurrect a murderous tomb protector. A languid action story with an unrealistic love story that’s completed by stagnant villainous horror. If anything, Raiders of the Lost Ark owes this a huge visual thanks.
241 total views, 1 views today
– (1982) – An ancient mummy is accidentally resurrected on a college campus where many victims are to blame. Has a solid premise and some horrific advances, but lags in the character department. The school atmosphere is a plus, as is the ridiculous-yet-sobering conclusion.
229 total views
– (2011) – Various monsters battle for supremacy in a cemetery. A good idea that goes to waste thanks to the rapid onset of repetition and an overall absence of meaning. Lacks a much needed crowd and enough humor or violence to give the proceedings some weight. A lame Mortal Kombat rip-off.
244 total views, 1 views today
– (1959) – A bandaged zombie is called upon to eradicate the three men who desecrate a sacred tomb. Has a fair share of slow spots, but the story is always involving while the monster is incredibly creepy. Does everything it should to make the titular villain a memorable horror force.
245 total views
– (1932) – A man who’s condemned to death for stealing a sacred scroll returns many years later to claim a woman. The iconic, bandaged mummy only takes part in the opening minutes, and even then doesn’t do much. This is basically a drama about a wrinkled undead guy who lumbers about in Egypt looking for love.
235 total views