– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
143 total views
– (1995) – A man who injects himself with werewolf blood is later experimented on with hardening skin. Disturbing in that the main subject is always writhing in pain, but much of everything else is rather dry. Has too small a cast, meaning too low a body count, but manages some goofy terror.
539 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – The villains from Part 1 are resurrected, then are largely forgotten about while H.G. Lewis narrates fairy tales. The plot is so disjointed it’s often impossible to tell what’s happening. An unsightly mess with some of the worst F/X ever committed to celluloid. Dung.
274 total views
– (2019) – A babysitter in the house of demonic relic collectors inadvertently unleashes the evil intentions of a possessed doll. Does what it can to establish credible characters, and they are likable, but the horror inflicted upon them is rather routine. Gets busy toward the end, but also feels unfocused. The best of the three so far, but still underwhelming.
240 total views
– (2011) – A werewolf terrorizes a small village, interrupting an already lackluster love triangle. While the cast and sets are commendable, the plot and character growth is deplorable. Not too hard to get through, but lacks two major components: excitement and romance. Basically Twilight meets Ginger Snaps Back meets a test pattern.
239 total views
– (1973) – A presidential aide who’s bitten by a werewolf becomes one and terrorizes Washington D.C. Despite some minor brushes with the titular villain attacking random people, this moves at a crawl from start to finish. Free of blood, working humor, and an overall purpose.
185 total views
– (1989) – A woman who’s bitten by a werewolf becomes one, to the dismay of her daughter. Moves fast, means well, and has solid 80’s atmosphere, but that’s as good as this gets. The brief horror moments are bogus, the makeup is pitiful, and most of the humor is lame.
185 total views
– (2014) – A blind vet moves into a rest home that’s attacked by a werewolf, then spends a month awaiting the next assault. Perhaps intended to become the Bubba Ho-Tep of werewolf films, but stumbles out of the gate thanks largely to unlikable characters and bad creature design. A joyless drag.
161 total views
– (1968) – Vampires and a werewolf come to blows at Frankenstein’s castle. A complete mess that makes absolutely no sense thanks largely to editing that appears to have been accomplished with a lawnmower. Some of the rare spots of horror are worth a gander, but the rest is mercilessly dull.
172 total views
– (2017) – A couple of lycanthropes uncover an alien plot of impregnating humans through beer. Has a lot going on and moves fast (a little too fast at times) yet somehow bores because none of the zaniness amounts to anything. Tries hard to please, but one probably has to be stoned to find full enjoyment.
175 total views