– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
150 total views
– (2018) – Three dorks pledge a fraternity that takes hazing to high levels of depravity. The overall plot and some violent inclusions are okay, but those areas, and all others, are crippled by the horrid acting from all participants involved. Could have been better if made by more capable hands.
207 total views
– (2014) – A girl who’s alone on campus during Thanksgiving break must survive a group of masked killers. Basically an 85-minute cat and mouse chase that never builds credibility nor suspense since nothing is known of any character involved. Drab from the start and rarely raises a pulse.
239 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A troubled young man with ties to psychosis is gradually taken over by his imaginary friend. Gets off to a gripping start before slowly developing the main characters, and while doing so becomes an exercise in sheer lunacy. Gets odder, darker, and more violent as it goes, and never fails to disturb. A bit confusing at times, but gives off plenty of cult-classic vibes.
301 total views
– (2019) – Sorority
girls women contend with all manner of wicked guys. A little too heavy handed on the feminist agenda, especially the super-lame dance scene, and as such feels like topical propaganda. The pace is quick though, which helps one get through a plot that is hardly original or instructive.
408 total views
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
391 total views
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
307 total views
– (2016) – An unpopular girl who kills herself takes cyberbullying to new heights by killing those who’ve wronged her. The initial idea could have led to a chilling time, but this is ruined by a lack of frights, bad F/X, non-existent characters, and no lore in the villain. Has an unoriginal script and a rather unsightly cast.
316 total views
– (2018) Frat bros host a luau that’s interrupted by an evil spirit lurking in their house. Nothing new occurs, the camera style is unnecessarily distracting, and the characters are all worthy of choking out. However, there is an ambitious strive to entertain throughout, which does come through in the quick pace and the comedic horror scenarios.
616 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A family relocates to a town near ancient grounds that can return life to the deceased. Seems to have been created for the sole purpose of playing against the original film, but in doing so creates unpredictability in characters and their grim plights. Sometimes uneven, but more often that not will shred nerves and provoke emotions.
542 total views