– (2019) – A troubled young man with ties to psychosis is gradually taken over by his imaginary friend. Gets off to a gripping start before slowly developing the main characters, and while doing so becomes an exercise in sheer lunacy. Gets odder, darker, and more violent as it goes, and never fails to disturb. A bit confusing at times, but gives off plenty of cult-classic vibes.
142 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – Sorority
girls women contend with all manner of wicked guys. A little too heavy handed on the feminist agenda, especially the super-lame dance scene, and as such feels like topical propaganda. The pace is quick though, which helps one get through a plot that is hardly original or instructive.
227 total views
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
178 total views
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
116 total views
– (2016) – An unpopular girl who kills herself takes cyberbullying to new heights by killing those who’ve wronged her. The initial idea could have led to a chilling time, but this is ruined by a lack of frights, bad F/X, non-existent characters, and no lore in the villain. Has an unoriginal script and a rather unsightly cast.
123 total views
– (2018) Frat bros host a luau that’s interrupted by an evil spirit lurking in their house. Nothing new occurs, the camera style is unnecessarily distracting, and the characters are all worthy of choking out. However, there is an ambitious strive to entertain throughout, which does come through in the quick pace and the comedic horror scenarios.
252 total views
– (2019) – A family relocates to a town near ancient grounds that can return life to the deceased. Seems to have been created for the sole purpose of playing against the original film, but in doing so creates unpredictability in characters and their grim plights. Sometimes uneven, but more often that not will shred nerves and provoke emotions.
213 total views, 2 views today
– (1987) – Four girls on their way to Florida for spring break become prey to a man who’s caught killing his mistress. Has a fun start that displays plenty of activity in character interactions and their initial scenarios. Screeches to a halt after a brisk first third, and goes through familiar advancements at a sluggish rate.
129 total views
– (2019) – A girl once forced to live her dying day over and again is pulled into a dimension where she’s forced to live her dying day over and again. While this doesn’t necessarily duplicate the original verbatim, it does feel awfully familiar and has an equally lame outcome. However, more fun is had this time around, thanks to the zanniness, though some comedy and schmaltz feel forced.
101 total views
– (2014) – Students enter the domain of a notorious killer only to become the target of another murderer. Has moments that resemble an actual movie, but most of this is shoddily constructed. The F/X are particularly bad, but at the very least a credible body count is attempted.
84 total views