– (2014) – Students enter the domain of a notorious killer only to become the target of another murderer. Has moments that resemble an actual movie, but most of this is shoddily constructed. The F/X are particularly bad, but at the very least a credible body count is attempted.
– (2018) – A group of college friends play a harmless game that ultimately leads to demonic mischief. A silly and bland blend of It Follows and Final Destination that never amounts to much in drama, characters, or horror. The smirking gets old fast and, like the rest of the movie, can’t go away soon enough.
– (2016) – A pain in the ass “woman” who intends to shut down a frat party is haunted by “her” foes. Has virtually nothing to do with Halloween, and far more to do with family values. Sort of has a plot at first, but resorts to one preachy rant after another and provides nothing but ancient lessons.
– (2002) – A group of college friends summon an evil force that doesn’t take long to start picking them off. Well-made and well-meaning, but suffers from two nagging flaws. One, most deaths are off screen, and two, the serious attempts at horror can come across as silly. Moves fast though, and isn’t hard to get through.
– (2017) – A college student dies over and again on her birthday while trying to figure out why. There’s no way this can’t be compared to the vastly superior Groundhog Day, but even if this were an original idea it still wouldn’t be very good. The biggest blunder is the attempt at comedy when the lead actress simply isn’t funny. Almost okay, but the outcome is a travesty.