– (1983) – Christmastime is disrupted when a samurai ghost is summoned and lays waste to a backwoods family. There’s not much of a story here, and the pace is incredibly slow. Gets by on a decent body count, a decent female body, and a high abundance of cheesy 80’s effects.
43 total views, 2 views today
– (2013) – A hopeful bride is resurrected to avenge herself against the hillbillies who killed her and her cheesy boyfriend. About as bad as a movie can get since every movement is unnaturally forced, from the godawful love story to the even worse crime story. A joyless pile of ineptitude that only manages to amuse during moments of blatant stupidity.
9 total views, no views today
– (2017) – When visiting her’s fiance’s family, a young woman is sucked into his dark heritage. Hard to say what the point is, but this does offer some creepy imagery throughout. Too by-the-numbers to make any particular scene uncomfortable, but the evident ghastliness is appreciated.
17 total views, no views today
– (1973) – A groom and his new woman are tormented by the wife he wronged on their wedding day. Provides glimpses of a strange mystery, but never does anything wholly absorbing. A short drag that goes ridiculous enough places to consider the entire experience imperfect but worthwhile.
23 total views, no views today
– (1984) – Theater employees deal with the mysterious return of a killer who once stalked the same locale. Barely has a plot, as this is mainly built on random events in and outside the titular setting. Attempts humor, but isn’t the least bit funny. The horror, on the other hand, is laughable.
20 total views, 1 views today
– (1990) – Anthology of three stories that focus on a filmmaker terrorized by his creations, an anchorwoman terrorized by a hit and run victim, and a veteran terrorized by a dead soldier. The second story is by far the highlight, as it features some nifty (if not cheesy) creativity. The other two stories are rather pointless and pathetic, but they at least try to entertain.
17 total views, 1 views today
– (1988) – An abused child once plagued by visions of ghosts sees them again in her “stable” adulthood. Tries building a credible mystery in a ghostly city landscape, but good luck not comparing this to The Sentinel. Far from unique, but does offer some horror attempts and quite a few nude scenes.
28 total views, 1 views today
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
25 total views, 2 views today
– (1964) – A baron’s mourning over his deceased wife makes trouble for his new marriage, as does a suspicious black cat. Has moments that showcase a pulse, but a lot of this finds characters endlessly talking. Never frightening, and the plot is all over the place, but it’s short and has a decent outcome.
41 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – Murders are occurring in an apartment complex, but the assumed instigator isn’t involved in the ways presumed. Though the red herring is obvious, the twist is not, yet this still suffers from never fully developing the characters or premise. Has some okay moments, but by the end feels like a wasted effort.
17 total views, no views today