– (2019) – A girl with a troubled past obtains a camera that dooms whomever is developed on the film. While this does attempt a credible mystery, it too often misses the mark in regards to logic and character development. Has decent moments, but also some unusually dumb ones.
65 total views, 2 views today
– (2016) – A family’s daily problems worsen when mysterious stones that summon spirits are brought back from a desert outing. Works okay as an uneven drama with personal issues that come and go, but the horror aspects are lacking. The final third, when horror does kick in, isn’t remotely close to frightening.
67 total views, 3 views today
– (1987) – A musician and a shrink move into the manor of a former slave owner and quickly experience strange occurrences. Never does anything unique, and feels too dry for something so choppy, but has okay moments that rely on cheese. Too sloppy to fully work, but some absurdities are fun.
78 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A college student invents a device for the purpose of wireless energy, and finds it can summon ghosts. A drab and soulless experience with underdeveloped characters and banal situations. One moment is kind of freaky, but the bulk of this is a lackluster bore.
89 total views
– (2018) – A superficial couple decides to visit cursed land on Long Island. An absolute waste of every physical resource utilized to create something that serves no purpose whatsoever. There’s a good chance this features the worst dialog in film history, along with the worst screen duo of all time. Elicits rage in its ineptitude, but sometimes causes eyes to roll and serves as one of the ultimate guides in how not to make a movie.
106 total views
– (2019) – A man who’s renovating a house decides to give the wrong woman the time of day. Enjoyable from the start, and remains so by always featuring something new and unexpected. Has predictable moments, but is mostly gripping, unique, and violent throughout.
153 total views
– (2019) – A live-action play within a known haunted house goes as badly as many expect. Attempts to add a backstory to the previous entries, but 98% of this has been seen before. Never terrible, and wants to be spooky, but can only remind of the superior original. On the plus side, this has the most fake looking facial scar in movie history.
177 total views
– (2018) – Those curious about the prior happenings of a haunted hotel return to find more ghostly mischief. Has a brush or two with creepiness, but doesn’t do anything that wasn’t covered the first time around. A bit too silly, and takes itself far too seriously, but it’s moderately effective at times.
267 total views
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
248 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A war vet’s life is upended when his thought-dead brother returns, amid other non-explainable moments. Takes the basic idea of the first film and, for reasons unknown, actually does less from a horror standpoint. The drama is nothing to brag about, either, since every advancement is dry and corny.
219 total views