– (2015) – Counselors prepping a summer camp pick each other off when becoming infected with a curable virus. Basically moves 28 Days Later into the woods without accomplishing anything noteworthy. Characters are okay at first, but they mostly just end up screaming. Not the hardest to get though, and does have a pretty surprising conclusion.
97 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – A group of friends enter a notorious ’80s slasher film and find themselves victims of a madman. Features the touching dynamic of a girl from the present reconnecting with her deceased mother in the past, but too many other areas are cheap and irritating. The concept often works, but some awful comedy attempts nearly kill the whole experience.
128 total views
– (2014) – Reality show contestants with damaged pasts gather at a stalked campground. Does nothing new regarding characters, setting, or the stale idea. Has a bizarre murder or two, but none of the eventual twists are worth noting. Wastes a decent B-movie cast.
102 total views
– (2014) – Murders occur during the rehearsals and live showing of a play with a doomed past. Begins with a great, violent murder, but quickly turns into a banal musical with obnoxious characters and ridiculously repetitive songs. Irritating straight through, and the final strive to shock falls short.
97 total views, 1 views today
– (2009) – A flamboyant putz and his fat friend head to a camp where a murderer is loose. Tries to succeed on humor, and gets by when paying homage to Sleepaway Camp, but most every other joke attempt is ancient. Not the worst, but its objectives are never met.
101 total views
– (2008) – A perverted man/monkey is hunted in woods by a slew of dorks. References everything from Homer to Van Damme, while offering plenty of humor along the way. A disaster as far as systematic filmmaking is concerned, but its main concern is having fun.
133 total views, 1 views today
– (2000) – A hockey masked killer who’s mistaken as a counselor named Jason is picking off camp personnel. The mystery is lame, the kills are weak, and the motive is pathetic, but the wooded atmosphere isn’t terrible. Awkward and dumb.
94 total views
– (2006) – Men and women prepping a summer camp are picked off by a couple of killers. A shameless rip off of the Friday the 13th series with a terrible baby twist and a thousand traces of amateurish garbage. An open-ended waste of life.
108 total views
– (2008) – Someone’s killing campers at the same location a transsexual murderer struck decades before. As goofy, badly acted and over-the-top as the original, but the twist this time is so obvious from the onset that it’s hard not to feel insulted. Still, this is a mostly fun time with some decent deaths and humor.
103 total views, 1 views today
– (2005) – Modern vacationers become trapped in a summer camp that’s always 1981. Has a decent premise that provides plenty of opportunities to become an uninhibited Friday the 13th knock off, but suffers from terrible filmmaking and characters that aren’t even worth dying. Only self-aware jokes take advantage of the time gap.
163 total views