– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
313 total views
– (2018) – A young bride gradually learns of her domestic role while locked up in her wealthy husband’s estate. Creates a mystery with developments worth investing time in, but by the mid-point the crawling pace becomes a nagging hindrance. A quicker stride would have helped, as too many plot points are narrated at a near-whisper. Decent concept, dull execution.
143 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
149 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
194 total views
– (1971) – A king’s brain is placed into the body of a hulking dimwit, prompting him to go on a minor spree of violence. Has a lot going on, yet is still pretty drab since these occurrences are all over the place. This is quite a mess, but does have enough goofiness and varied horror devices to make it (mostly) easy to get through.
181 total views
– (1985) – Men, both living and undead, vie for a resurrected woman. Hard to consider a narrative film since the so-called story is all over the place and no discernible characters are focused on. Instead of a plot, we’re treated to a silly conglomeration of empty moments.
253 total views
– (1990) – Scientists at a sleep experimentation lab inadvertently summon a murderous force from another dimension. Tries to blend From Beyond with Alien, but forgets to include the inventive nature of either. A drab experience that gets by on a decent cast and a lack of annoyances.
251 total views
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a serial killer, plastic surgery, suicide, and a murder attempt survivor. While the first tale offers a unique spin on the slasher genre, the rest feel like film school projects that offer nothing intriguing. Not a painful watch, but this is more apt to make you groan than scream.
218 total views
– (1980) – A butt ugly podiatrist takes a serum that turns him into a handsome killer. On one end everything that transpires is kind of pathetic, but on the other end the jokes are taken to unseen degrees of absurdity. Zaniness is one thing, but that the film means so little in a dramatic sense explains its obscurity.
294 total views
– (1994) – A young man who’s mauled by a lion has his brain implanted into a mechanical dinosaur. As preposterous as the plot sounds, this actually sort of works because it knows exactly how stupid it is. Moves fast and blends eye-rolling comedy with some genuinely humorous moments. Sounds like a children’s movie, but is far more risque.
267 total views