– (2020) – Those who die in a particular house return as vocal ghosts. Lacks an emotional connection to any character since their ties to one another are so ordinary, and lacks scares since everything attempted has been done to death. Rarely raises a pulse, and has more instances of characters shouting “Papa!” than any moment worth watching this for.
151 total views, 3 views today
– (2017) – Siblings who share an estate must follow certain rules to save their own life while not putting the other at risk. Has solid atmosphere and a plot worth following, but too often drags its feet which hurts in the areas of suspense. The whispering characters are nothing to brag about, either.
385 total views
– (2017) – A group of teens enter a haunted estate on Halloween night and have a hard time getting out. Takes every known ghost cliche of the past 100 years and crams them into 86-minutes. Does provide a variety of attempted scares, but none provide tension as you’re more apt to laugh at most occurrences than cower from them.
287 total views
– (2016) – A family’s daily problems worsen when mysterious stones that summon spirits are brought back from a desert outing. Works okay as an uneven drama with personal issues that come and go, but the horror aspects are lacking. The final third, when horror does kick in, isn’t remotely close to frightening.
187 total views
– (1987) – A musician and a shrink move into the manor of a former slave owner and quickly experience strange occurrences. Never does anything unique, and feels too dry for something so choppy, but has okay moments that rely on cheese. Too sloppy to fully work, but some absurdities are fun.
165 total views
– (2018) – A college student invents a device for the purpose of wireless energy, and finds it can summon ghosts. A drab and soulless experience with underdeveloped characters and banal situations. One moment is kind of freaky, but the bulk of this is a lackluster bore.
171 total views
– (2019) – A man who’s renovating a house decides to give the wrong woman the time of day. Enjoyable from the start, and remains so by always featuring something new and unexpected. Has predictable moments, but is mostly gripping, unique, and violent throughout.
238 total views
– (2019) – A live-action play within a known haunted house goes as badly as many expect. Attempts to add a backstory to the previous entries, but 98% of this has been seen before. Never terrible, and wants to be spooky, but can only remind of the superior original. On the plus side, this has the most fake looking facial scar in movie history.
287 total views
– (2018) – Those curious about the prior happenings of a haunted hotel return to find more ghostly mischief. Has a brush or two with creepiness, but doesn’t do anything that wasn’t covered the first time around. A bit too silly, and takes itself far too seriously, but it’s moderately effective at times.
372 total views
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
362 total views