– (2013) – A couple on their way to a hotel become lost in a never-ending maze while tormented by strangers. Though the plot is hardly airtight, and the characters aren’t drawn well enough to root for or against, there is an overall aura of tension throughout and a need to see how everything will pan out. Often unique and stirring.
– (1983) – A female rock band falls prey to a legendary madman after their tour bus breaks down near his domain. Consist of little more than wandering characters who banter with one another before separating from the group and getting picked off. Despite the title, there’s hardly any blood, although your eyes may bleed from boredom.
– (2017) – A group of college friends explore a house where someone in a Santa mask stalks them. Begins with a sense of fun, but quickly loses its footing thanks to a complete lack of blood and suspense. It’s short, but suffers from lousy killer reveals and a sort-of-creepy song that plays too often.
– (2017) – A woman with a failing reality show decides to record a day in the life of an admitted killer. Just as illogical and irritating as the first entry, but by including two unpredictable characters manages to not completely rip itself off. Provides as many feelings of discomfort as it does boredom.
– (1999) – A man on a mission of peace ends up battling a horde of cannibals alongside twelve other warriors. A trivial mess that somehow turns sword battles into tests of endurance. Characters have no depth, the story is too basic, and the victories throughout too easily won. More along the lines of a Lord of the Rings film without any purpose or meaning.
– (2014) – Newlyweds vacationing in secluded woods run into trouble when the wife begins acting irrationally after strange marks appear on her body. Starts off a tad too cutesy, but gradually builds into something where anything cute has no place. A strange, gripping tale with unusual and tense advancements.