– (2019) – A meteor crashes onto the property of an isolated family, and brings with it troubles of the colorful kind. Begins by building credibility in the few characters before tossing them into some truly dire situations. Not entirely deep from an emotional perspective, but gets by on unpredictability and dark surrealism.
193 total views
– (2020) – A group of students and their adulterous professor go camping at a site where an author went missing. An absolute travesty of film making from shoddy script to slapdash editing. Nothing makes any sense, and for some reason “The Raven” is narrated throughout. An ugly, erratic, and tedious waste of time.
255 total views, 3 views today
– (2015) – A small group of men and women form a search party in the woods, only to end up the prey of a legendary monster. A lagging bore with few locations, a nonsensical story, and stereotypical characters. There’s enough gore to call this horror, but the monster is surprisingly never seen outside feathers and close-ups of an eye and a foot. Makes less sense as it goes.
147 total views
– (1983) – Christmastime is disrupted when a samurai ghost is summoned and lays waste to a backwoods family. There’s not much of a story here, and the pace is incredibly slow. Gets by on a decent body count, a decent female body, and a high abundance of cheesy 80’s effects.
135 total views
– (2018) – A group of friends vacate to a wooded area where a killer in a cheap disguise picks them off. Approximately the one billionth slasher with lackluster murders, rancid acting, and few redeeming qualities. If something positive must be said, there are some okay camera angles. Otherwise, the title says it all.
136 total views
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a killer clown, a targeted scream queen, murderous vegetation, and a small town vampire. None of the stories feature anything close to innovative, let alone anything that takes place on Halloween. A dirt cheap outing with atrocious storytelling and worse acting.
95 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – A hopeful bride is resurrected to avenge herself against the hillbillies who killed her and her cheesy boyfriend. About as bad as a movie can get since every movement is unnaturally forced, from the godawful love story to the even worse crime story. A joyless pile of ineptitude that only manages to amuse during moments of blatant stupidity.
83 total views
– (2018) – A female volleyball team becomes hunted by masked hicks in a wooded terrain. A horror/comedy that fails miserably in both categories because nothing’s funny nor remotely suspenseful. Aims for zany camp, but is too blisteringly stupid to come up with a single moment worth retaining.
107 total views
– (2019) – Small creatures invade a small town and terrorize small minded townspeople. Barely attempts building character arcs, as nothing about any of them is remotely unique. Exploits feminism by use of a female alien savior and an outcast lead, but any social point is lost in what is ultimately mundane and unoriginal.
109 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A mother takes her two daughters to a house in the woods where they’re terrorized by a masked madman. While much of this is competently filmed, and the acting is up to snuff, the script could have used a major upgrade before filming began. Never explaining a killer’s direct motive is fine if you want to leave people guessing, but not at the expense of leaving them bored.
108 total views, 1 views today