– (1977) – A husky young woman uses her telekinesis to torment her enemies. The opening death should have been far more elaborate, and the rest feels the same. There are many good parts, but nothing stands out as significant. Has a solid twist toward the end, but also a lot of soap opera moments throughout.
360 total views
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
137 total views
– (1980) – A woman who’s raped by four men gradually goes bonkers and exacts revenge on those she believes are her abusers. Has a dramatic start and a bleak final third, but the middle is too bogged down by post-rape antics straight out of a low-level Lifetime movie. Lacks the impact of violence, as the initial assault and eventual deaths are rather tame.
133 total views, 1 views today
– (1961) – After witnessing the murder of its owner, a cat terrorizes her affluent family. Sounds corny, and sometimes is, but there’s a darkness throughout that helps keep the plot serious. Doesn’t make much sense as we’re never told why the cat is so motivational, but the body count is relatively high and the scenery often eerie.
152 total views
– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
240 total views
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
257 total views
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters who are at their best when behaving their worst.
548 total views
– (2013) – A hopeful bride is resurrected to avenge herself against the hillbillies who killed her and her cheesy boyfriend. About as bad as a movie can get since every movement is unnaturally forced, from the godawful love story to the even worse crime story. A joyless pile of ineptitude that only manages to amuse during moments of blatant stupidity.
170 total views
– (2019) – A group of friends reunite 27 years after battling an evil force that feeds on fears. Does a good job showcasing an assortment of unique F/X sequences, but the human element is too shallow. The kids have become types, and by focusing too much on their past the reasons to save their hometown in the present is lost. Entirely too long, and could have used less false scares against characters we already know survive their childhoods.
370 total views
– (2018) – Psychotic moments are exchanged in a small circle of cellists. Almost succeeds as a unique horror experience, but for every shocking moment there are several of blinding stupidity that almost render this a comedy. Would have worked better if no character spoke and the actors practiced their parts.
174 total views