– (2020) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Pretty much the same movie as the 1990 original, but suffers in comparison thanks to an overreliance of CGI and an overall lack of dark morbidity. Moves fast, but covers no new ground.
143 total views
– (2020) – Bystanders of a fatal beating become prey to a suspicious force. The concept of civilians filming events without intervening is commendable, but it’s a lesson crammed deep down our throats throughout. Far too irritating to create suspense, and lacks emotional ties to any character.
128 total views, 1 views today
– (2010) – A woman is stalked by her thought-dead ex, but he’s actually become invisible. A pretty decent drama laced with horror inclusions that range from mildly intense to mildly silly. A bit dry and a little too long, but does involve throughout and has some noteworthy twists.
115 total views
– (1977) – A husky young woman uses her telekinesis to torment her enemies. The opening death should have been far more elaborate, and the rest feels the same. There are many good parts, but nothing stands out as significant. Has a solid twist toward the end, but also a lot of soap opera moments throughout.
416 total views
– (1990) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Mostly obnoxious at first, and always remains awkward, but does provide some fun moments once the kid becomes a rodent. A strange blend of horror and kiddie fodder, but it always holds interest and reasons to see it through to the end.
159 total views
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
178 total views
– (1980) – A woman who’s raped by four men gradually goes bonkers and exacts revenge on those she believes are her abusers. Has a dramatic start and a bleak final third, but the middle is too bogged down by post-rape antics straight out of a low-level Lifetime movie. Lacks the impact of violence, as the initial assault and eventual deaths are rather tame.
168 total views
– (1961) – After witnessing the murder of its owner, a cat terrorizes her affluent family. Sounds corny, and sometimes is, but there’s a darkness throughout that helps keep the plot serious. Doesn’t make much sense as we’re never told why the cat is so motivational, but the body count is relatively high and the scenery often eerie.
183 total views
– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
280 total views, 1 views today
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
312 total views, 1 views today