– (2020) – A virus turns people into the living dead, but soldiers aim to stop them. Hard to say what the point is other than taking advantage of a deadly pandemic. Most of this is footage from two previous films, only dubbed over for “comedic” effect. Some of the silliness works, but overall this is pretty useless.
304 total views
– (2018) – A highly dysfunctional family turns to murder during a Christmas dinner party. Has plenty of violent zaniness, but the characters are so over the top in their regular deficiencies that their rise to insanity is barely noticed. Only the lead female comes close to commendable, as everyone else is repugnant out of the gate. Easy to get through, but once will do.
412 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A woman summons an evil force to protect her village against outsiders, but he turns out a little too evil. While the production values are rock solid, the story is not. The biggest problem is the lack of a connective emotion between the conjured child and his mother, which the conclusion relies on heavily for meaningful impact. Not a hard watch, but hollow.
247 total views
– (1999) – Already frightened passengers are further disrupted by a hijacker who has no choice but to let one of them land the plane. The plot is the pits, as the villain’s motive lacks any conviction or merit. There is one awesomely bombastic murder, but everything else is stale and dopey.
274 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A team of female scientists and soldiers venture into a dimension nobody returns from. Has much to do about science terms and interdimensional mythology, but most of the occurrences come down to grand scale mumbo-jumbo. Offers a moment or two of tense violence, but this is mostly drab and soulless.
267 total views
– (2016) – A group of soldiers take on the zombie armageddon with much glee and cursing. This is one of those occasions where if you don’t laugh within the first five minutes, you won’t laugh at all (unless you’re high). Constantly attempts jokes amid a common horror backdrop, but aside from a chuckle or two, nothing is funny and the bro jargon gets old fast.
254 total views
– (2008) – Radio station personnel become involved in an infection that turns people into rabid killers. If you come for the horror you’ll be disappointed in that most of this is comprised of unintriguing characters and misplaced comedy. Has much to do about soundwaves, but not much else to hold interest.
277 total views
– (2014) – Zombies with soft skulls force the non-infected to outlast them by any means. Has a lot going on, moves fast, and is well-made from a directorial standpoint, but the story is a common drag. Emotional and humorous situations feel forced, and nothing relevant is known of any character aside from brief flashbacks.
257 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – A man searching for the end to a viral outbreak becomes trapped in a sewer by a giant and his evil brother. Has a gleefully vile opening scene that only opens the door to the sheer boredom that follows. Grisly throughout, but otherwise offers nothing that isn’t disgusting (i.e. a point).
254 total views
– (2006) – After a toxic attack in Los Angeles, a woman returns home and finds herself locked out by her husband. Gets off to a tense start involving the distant assault, then settles into some illogical and mundane patterns. The final act, however, builds on emotion before slapping you across the face with one hell of an unexpected finish.
265 total views