– (1977) – A husky young woman uses her telekinesis to torment her enemies. The opening death should have been far more elaborate, and the rest feels the same. There are many good parts, but nothing stands out as significant. Has a solid twist toward the end, but also a lot of soap opera moments throughout.
363 total views, 1 views today
– (1978) – Ensuing the death of her parents, a young woman stays with her mother’s family, but she’s not as pleasant as she seems. Involving at the start, but gradually becomes sillier and more predictable as it advances. Not a regretful watch, as a lot happens at a steady place with cheese aplenty.
145 total views
– (2017) – A group of teens enter a haunted estate on Halloween night and have a hard time getting out. Takes every known ghost cliche of the past 100 years and crams them into 86-minutes. Does provide a variety of attempted scares, but none provide tension as you’re more apt to laugh at most occurrences than cower from them.
127 total views
– (1990) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Mostly obnoxious at first, and always remains awkward, but does provide some fun moments once the kid becomes a rodent. A strange blend of horror and kiddie fodder, but it always holds interest and reasons to see it through to the end.
118 total views
– (2020) – A banished girl and her brother happen upon an evil woman who tries teaching them the ways of the witch. Despite some great scenery, there’s not much else to please the senses as this is one of the slowest films in recent memory. Never builds dread because nothing is original, and never builds characters since everything they whisper is ordinary.
136 total views
– (2019) – Religious movie theater employees find a basement, discover a film, play said film, and become hunted by a force from that film. A mediocre story bogged down by unlikable characters and brain dead logic. They don’t escape because breaking a glass door is wrong? Several such factors contribute to a lousy time, though unoriginal ambition does arrive in the final act.
184 total views, 1 views today
– (2016) – A woman who casts spells of affection on men is prone to take matters to deadly lengths. Has a distinct look that gives off a vintage vibe, but the story becomes stale in a hurry. Enough happens to help keep eyes open (sometimes wide open) but the plot crawls to a drab finish.
205 total views
– (2019) – A bulky spawn from Hell must keep a reassembled witch from ruining the world. While the multitude of F/X range from cheesy to impressive, the script never rises above lame. There’s simply too much happening, and not nearly enough time is spent on getting to know a single character.
182 total views
– (2016) – A home improvement show travels to Europe to film a rustic house, but find trouble of the witch variety. Manages to put forward some fun character scenarios, though those characters are hardly profound. Skirts by with a few slow spots, but the finale is so manically bonkers the wait is more than worthwhile. Cheap in production, but high in ambition.
183 total views
– (2018) – A small group of young women form a coven to benefit themselves and ruin others. Does a good job showcasing bitchy girls with minor vendettas, but never creates a distinctive social point outside obvious horror tropes. Has some authentic humor, but is consistently routine.
205 total views