– (2021) – A group of friends go off trail while hiking and discover an underground cult. Gets off to a perfectly awful start where insufferable characters constantly scream and curse at will. A twist eventually surfaces within the villains, but this still serves no greater purpose than killing people for rather dumb reasons. Improves as it goes, but drags its feet for so long the ultimate turns become easy to predict.
133 total views
– (2009) – A scarecrow that’s brought to life kills a few people ensuing a Halloween party. Some of the character bantering is amusing in a low-level way, which is the only saving grace since the horror is terrible. Has the good sense to not run long, and manages some pleasant stupidity.
359 total views
– (2018) – A female volleyball team becomes hunted by masked hicks in a wooded terrain. A horror/comedy that fails miserably in both categories because nothing’s funny nor remotely suspenseful. Aims for zany camp, but is too blisteringly stupid to come up with a single moment worth retaining.
352 total views
– (2019) – Family members of the original film’s victims seek revenge against their adversary and her daughter. The concept holds promise by tying in decades of rage, but most of what occurs brings that notion to incredible lows for three reasons: (1) the characters are impossibly obnoxious; (2) the plot becomes a pale retread of Part One; (3) the two-and-a-half hour length is about two hours too long for such a scant, poorly written script. Why 148 minutes? WHY!?
1,972 total views, 1 views today
– (2012) – A mullet from a redneck planet turns regular people into white trash. There isn’t much horror involved, which isn’t as bad as the notion that there isn’t much comedy either. A dull and unintriguing low-low-low-budget venture.
700 total views
– (2012) – A group of friends summon hillbilly forces that turn them into white trash. Not unlike any other Chris Seaver film in that it’s cheap and obnoxious, yet occasionally very funny. The resolution to the redneck dilemma is especially crafty, and there are worse ways to spend 45-minutes.
207 total views
– (2013) – A group of friends decide to party in the realm of a raping, murdering yeti. Purposefully cheap and cheesy, and never pretends it’ll end up in the annals of credible filmmaking. Provides plenty of fun with some truly funny lines and sight gags. Not for everyone, but only runs 58-minutes.
236 total views
– (2016) – Kris Kringle and his demonic brother punish bad kids and those who intend to stop them. If the intentions were to create a film with no excitement, no character worth caring about, and no reason to follow up the previous dud, then this succeeds admirably. Anyone looking for a film with a purpose and a pulse should look elsewhere.
233 total views
– (1988) – A vacationing family crosses paths with a killer, but never seem bothered enough to leave their vacation. An uneven mess with terror that isn’t scary and humor that isn’t funny. Certainly quirky, but nothing that occurs is worth retaining.
229 total views
– (1983) – A female rock band falls prey to a legendary madman after their tour bus breaks down near his domain. Consist of little more than wandering characters who banter with one another before separating from the group and getting picked off. Despite the title, there’s hardly any blood, although your eyes may bleed from boredom.
227 total views