– (2018) – A couple celebrating their first wedding anniversary come to blows when one proves she’s a lunatic. Never does anything ground breaking or unusual, but is instead a tale with a few turns that don’t mean much against empty characters. Well made, but the script could have used some fleshing out.
100 total views
– (2020) – A group of friends chatting through Zoom are haunted by a malevolent force. Begins okay with believable banter between characters, but it’s hard to tell if what happens to them from a horror standpoint is comedy or not. Nothing here is remotely original, and too many attempted scares come across as laughable. Runs less than an hour, which is a huge benefit for the unimpressed.
146 total views, 1 views today
– (1998) – A family that embraces darkness reunite with relatives who embrace money. Does what it can to mimic the deadpan humor and cleverness of the first two films, but by now that well has run dry. This is all about gags, since the plot is too thin to commend, and though none are particularly funny, some offer amusement.
107 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
232 total views
– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
670 total views, 2 views today
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
108 total views
– (2019) – A man is summoned to his father’s house for reasons that are far from standard. Starts of well-enough, but around the mid-point starts throwing around too many oddball situations, and none are particularly engaging. Certainly unpredictable, but too scattered to fully grip.
106 total views
– (2014) – A girl who’s alone on campus during Thanksgiving break must survive a group of masked killers. Basically an 85-minute cat and mouse chase that never builds credibility nor suspense since nothing is known of any character involved. Drab from the start and rarely raises a pulse.
117 total views, 2 views today
– (1997) – A defense lawyer from Florida is summoned to a New York City firm to take on high profile cases. Involving in the early-to-mid stages when blending the rise of success with the falling apart of a loved one, but once the religious plot is sorted out absurdities take over. The final half hour is packed with corny twists, and I doubt Al Pacino has ever been louder.
368 total views
– (2014) – A man with too many financial responsibilities is lured into a game of committing crimes for money. The premise is intriguing, as are some of the acts carried out by the lead, but one major gripe is how often he too easily escapes capture. Not air tight, but steadily watchable.
99 total views