– (1986) – A spaceship carrying a female rock band crash lands on a desolate planet, leaving them to deal with a stowaway mutant. There’s virtually no plot to discuss, as moments that barely cohere come and go without any noticeable progress. The ’80s vibe is high, but the original songs are far from memorable.
100 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A small group of friends discover vampires living in and buying out their hood. Has an okay start that blends comedy with horror elements, but quickly becomes tiresome when characters never shut up about vampire lore. The final act is especially off-putting as absolutely nothing new is presented. As for the acting… the less said the better.
110 total views, 1 views today
– (2021) – A group of friends go off trail while hiking and discover an underground cult. Gets off to a perfectly awful start where insufferable characters constantly scream and curse at will. A twist eventually surfaces within the villains, but this still serves no greater purpose than killing people for rather dumb reasons. Improves as it goes, but drags its feet for so long the ultimate turns become easy to predict.
219 total views, 1 views today
– (2021) – A man is bribed into cleaning up an abandoned children’s restaurant only to find that the animatronics within come to life. On the surface this sounds like zany fun, but the zaniness becomes briskly repetitive while the fun is lost to a lumbering pace. An all around bore, but the biggest concern is why anyone would hire the almighty Nicolas Cage only to give him nothing to do but punch oversized toys and play pinball.
189 total views
– (2020) – A werewolf is laying waste to citizens of a small town, creating trouble for local police. Doesn’t get off to the most absorbing of starts, since everything appears so common, but involvement in the dramatics does increase throughout. Not exactly a defining moment for lycanthrope films, but it’s steadily enjoyable and features a solid twist.
209 total views, 2 views today
– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
133 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – An alienated young man and his overly spunky friend discover a witch who complicates an already dysfunctional town. On the bright side the practical F/X are impressive, and the attempt at horror is valiant. However, too many areas are reminiscent of any other fish-out-of-water yarn, while the mystery aspects run no deeper than a Scooby-Doo episode.
131 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A young nurse with euphoric ties to God slowly unravels while overprotecting her newest patient. A slow and steady account of a character who walks a fine line between zealotry and insanity. The mystery, already gripping throughout, leads to a knock-out conclusion that holds a lasting impression.
155 total views
– (2020) – A nurse who steals organs for the black market contends with a dolt who too easily screws everything up. The humor, while consistently dry, is rarely laugh-out-loud funny. The story, while consistently offbeat, is rarely profound. However, there are enough dark amusements to consider this a unique curiosity worthy of attention.
123 total views
– (2019) – War veterans become trapped in a bar by a narcotics dealer and his drug-ravaged minions. The senior cast is a welcome sight, as is the plethora of gore, but the plot and characters are beyond thin. Grows repetitive in a hurry, but moves relatively fast through the many violent moments.
124 total views