– (2019) – A live-action play within a known haunted house goes as badly as many expect. Attempts to add a backstory to the previous entries, but 98% of this has been seen before. Never terrible, and wants to be spooky, but can only remind of the superior original. On the plus side, this has the most fake looking facial scar in movie history.
92 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
136 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – Anthology of three stories that focus on a killer clown, a killer doll clown, and another killer clown. The first story shows some signs of life, but the second is a basic repeat only with a toy, while the third is a stagnant bore. Yet another backyard effort by those with no clue how to tell one tale, let alone three.
115 total views
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a killer clown, a targeted scream queen, murderous vegetation, and a small town vampire. None of the stories feature anything close to innovative, let alone anything that takes place on Halloween. A dirt cheap outing with atrocious storytelling and worse acting.
91 total views
– (2019) – A group of friends reunite 27 years after battling an evil force that feeds on fears. Does a good job showcasing an assortment of unique F/X sequences, but the human element is too shallow. The kids have become types, and by focusing too much on their past the reasons to save their hometown in the present is lost. Entirely too long, and could have used less false scares against characters we already know survive their childhoods.
176 total views, 4 views today
– (2018) – The spirit of a dead serial killer possesses a paranormal investigator. Has the gall to believe anyone is longing for more Camp Blood movies, and has even more of a nerve by expecting anyone to want this cruddy series to continue. There’s simply nothing new here, and it’s all stunningly cheap, horribly acted, and misses the mark in providing any fun.
85 total views
– (2017) – A group of friends and a hiker tread upon a camp (someone’s backyard) where a killer is lurking. A paint-by-numbers no-budget effort that’s been seen a thousand times before and will be seen a thousand times again. Only runs an hour, and does have a few unintentionally funny moments.
68 total views
– (2014) – Students enter the domain of a notorious killer only to become the target of another murderer. Has moments that resemble an actual movie, but most of this is shoddily constructed. The F/X are particularly bad, but at the very least a credible body count is attempted.
53 total views
– (2018) – A group of friends attend a festival of fabricated frights, only to find someone authentically stalking them. The premise has the makings of a decent slasher, but the output is too irritating and dopey to hold in higher regard. Gets dimmer as it goes and becomes too predictable to offer any true frights.
53 total views
– (2017) – A clown terrorizes a few people on Halloween night. There’s not much of a plot, or any distinct characters, as the sole purpose is to disgust. Though the violence can be over-the-top, there are some cringeworthy moments that serve as the film’s saving grace.
63 total views