– (2017) – A clown terrorizes a few people on Halloween night. There’s not much of a plot, or any distinct characters, as the sole purpose is to disgust. Though the violence can be over-the-top, there are some cringeworthy moments that serve as the film’s saving grace.
– (2017) – A group of kids are haunted by a shape-shifting clown when not hounded by bullies. Works incredibly well by presenting personable characters amid horrifying situations (with too much CGI). Mostly leaves adults out of the mix, which is a bit distracting, but does allow us to focus on the camaraderie among the leads, which results in an emotionally satisfying outcome. Pennywise, in his few scenes, is highly effective.
– (2016) – The survivor of the previous entry watches a movie with her mother and recounts past footage to a shrink. One of the laziest, ugliest, and least resourceful heaps of dung to ever disgrace an internet stream. Built on scenes from other lousy movies, while anything new is preposterously inept.
– (2016) – A group of friends visit the site of past murders and are stalked by a killer in a clown mask. How bad is this? Let’s count the ways. 1. There are too many stagnant shots of random things. 2. The acting stinks. 3. The story and its flashbacks make no sense. 4. Has an open ending as though anyone would want this garbage to continue.
– (2005) – A reality show is filmed on the grounds where the previous entries took place and, sure enough, someone in a clown mask is picking everyone off. Attempts something unique (for the time), but still succumbs to the same low-budget trappings that destroys its independent credibility. A humorless, goreless, careless waste of time.