– (2017) – A woman who recently lost her mother copes by smoking marijuana that alters her perceptions. Aims for a trippy vibe, but fails in that regard since nothing unusual or ordinary holds any weight. Moves too slow, has hardly any dialog, and means nothing.
60 total views, 2 views today
– (1961) – After witnessing the murder of its owner, a cat terrorizes her affluent family. Sounds corny, and sometimes is, but there’s a darkness throughout that helps keep the plot serious. Doesn’t make much sense as we’re never told why the cat is so motivational, but the body count is relatively high and the scenery often eerie.
115 total views, 1 views today
– (1966) – A drunk who mutilates and tortures cats is eventually tormented by one. Rather sluggish overall, and the music grates nerves, but not all is lost. The plot, while thin, is sadistic, and serves as a good reason to include a great ax murder. The finale, meanwhile, is moderately effective.
133 total views
– (2019) – A man stops at nothing to find his wife and daughter who go missing in a hospital. A highly involving nail-biter with plenty of grueling turns. Sometimes teeters on the brink of logic, but there’s never a reason to not see this through to the end as suspense is always in high supply.
155 total views
– (2019) – A lighthouse keeper and his new assistant come to blows over matters of isolation and lunacy. Well-regarded for the stark cinematography and wonderful performances, and deservedly so. However, despite how this looks, there’s not much to feel when dealing with human emotion. Expertly crafted, but a bit hollow.
157 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A poor family cons their way into becoming employees of an affluent family, but unexpected events foil their scheme. A slow builder that’s hard to decipher at first, but once the plot settles the delirious twists rarely stop coming. Though the characters are hard to root for, since they are rather narcissistic, what they face is often jarring and ultimately sad.
260 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
850 total views, 1 views today
– (1973) – A groom and his new woman are tormented by the wife he wronged on their wedding day. Provides glimpses of a strange mystery, but never does anything wholly absorbing. A short drag that goes ridiculous enough places to consider the entire experience imperfect but worthwhile.
236 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A pregnant actress has premonitions of her death in the days leading to her infamous murder. Would have worked just as well (or poorly) had the subject in question not been a historical figure, as the plot carries a purposeless vibe that never wavers. It’s not awful from a production standpoint, but the premise feels desperate for controversy.
284 total views
– (2012) – A young woman agrees to participate in a scheme to acquire money, which turns out to be a sadistic game of life and death. The idea is intriguing, but it’s wasted on characters we simply know nothing about. There’s only one character who’s explored, rendering the outcome completely predictable. Much of the acting is bad, as well, which helps ruin the creep factor.
163 total views, 1 views today