– (2019) – A man stops at nothing to find his wife and daughter who go missing in a hospital. A highly involving nail-biter with plenty of grueling turns. Sometimes teeters on the brink of logic, but there’s never a reason to not see this through to the end as suspense is always in high supply.
51 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A lighthouse keeper and his new assistant come to blows over matters of isolation and lunacy. Well-regarded for the stark cinematography and wonderful performances, and deservedly so. However, despite how this looks, there’s not much to feel when dealing with human emotion. Expertly crafted, but a bit hollow.
85 total views
– (2019) – A poor family cons their way into becoming employees of an affluent family, but unexpected events foil their scheme. A slow builder that’s hard to decipher at first, but once the plot settles the delirious twists rarely stop coming. Though the characters are hard to root for, since they are rather narcissistic, what they face is often jarring and ultimately sad.
198 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
449 total views
– (1973) – A groom and his new woman are tormented by the wife he wronged on their wedding day. Provides glimpses of a strange mystery, but never does anything wholly absorbing. A short drag that goes ridiculous enough places to consider the entire experience imperfect but worthwhile.
124 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A pregnant actress has premonitions of her death in the days leading to her infamous murder. Would have worked just as well (or poorly) had the subject in question not been a historical figure, as the plot carries a purposeless vibe that never wavers. It’s not awful from a production standpoint, but the premise feels desperate for controversy.
191 total views
– (2012) – A young woman agrees to participate in a scheme to acquire money, which turns out to be a sadistic game of life and death. The idea is intriguing, but it’s wasted on characters we simply know nothing about. There’s only one character who’s explored, rendering the outcome completely predictable. Much of the acting is bad, as well, which helps ruin the creep factor.
98 total views
– (2018) – A young woman who hosts a racy internet show has her identity stolen by a lookalike. The story is unique and the mystery absorbing, but the outcome is a bit disappointing as the reasoning is never clearly defined. Still, a lot happens to sustain interest all the way through.
122 total views
– (1980) – A mysterious young woman enters the life of a small family and gradually adds to their dysfunction. Quietly engaging throughout, though the soft tone does border on dull at times. Never does anything highly profound, but goes unexpected places while continually building a mild mystery.
175 total views
– (1996) – A man having a relationship issue befriends a psycho who tries too hard to fit into his life. The protagonist’s dilemmas are too typical, while the antagonist adds nothing but corny excuses as to why TV might make someone nuts. Forces a social point in the end, but like all else before it, nothing is ever funny or convincing.
73 total views