– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
240 total views
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
707 total views
– (1998) – A family that embraces darkness reunite with relatives who embrace money. Does what it can to mimic the deadpan humor and cleverness of the first two films, but by now that well has run dry. This is all about gags, since the plot is too thin to commend, and though none are particularly funny, some offer amusement.
106 total views
– (1991) – A banker and a lawyer on their way to Atlantic City are picked up for aggressive driving and forced to stay in a dark funhouse run by a decrepit judge. A pretty lousy experience as far as storytelling goes, but it’s manic enough to make for an easy watch. Often makes little to no sense, and squanders a great cast.
123 total views
– (2017) – A small crew filming a zombie movie come under attack from real zombies. Or do they? The first 37-minutes is comprised of one shot that, while impressive, is still just a zombie flick. The real magic rests in the final hour, as the fabricated showing of real-time events amuses more than the opening gimmick. Unique and often hilarious, but tends to drag in spots.
176 total views
– (2016) – After escaping Hell, a devious clown hosts a talk show before realizing he should leave Earth. Has so much going on that any accurate description might take pages, yet the maniacal structure is the saving grace. Incredibly ambitious for something shot on the cheap, and has aspirations to please fans of pure lunacy.
135 total views
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
137 total views
– (2018) – Friends and enemies travel to Las Vegas to share in puppet debauchery. An assortment of gags, mostly of the smut variety, that never feel like part of an actual movie. This series has clearly been shot at once and chopped into short segments that, while outrageous, never mean squat.
125 total views
– (2017) – A shopkeeper of weed summons a familiar enemy and the devil. Just as meaningless as the previous entries, yet goes out of its way to become more annoying. Possibly fun for those involved, but a painful experience for the rest of us.
135 total views
– (2016) – Friends trapped in a marijuana universe are asked to come up with a million dollars by wicked paraphernalia. Has plenty of scenes of characters speaking, but what they say is never worth listening to. Certainly zany, but doesn’t offer anything aside from dry jokes and forced offensiveness.
126 total views