– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
44 total views
– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
103 total views
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
329 total views
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
137 total views
– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
144 total views
– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
312 total views, 1 views today
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
920 total views, 2 views today
– (1998) – A family that embraces darkness reunite with relatives who embrace money. Does what it can to mimic the deadpan humor and cleverness of the first two films, but by now that well has run dry. This is all about gags, since the plot is too thin to commend, and though none are particularly funny, some offer amusement.
154 total views
– (1991) – A banker and a lawyer on their way to Atlantic City are picked up for aggressive driving and forced to stay in a dark funhouse run by a decrepit judge. A pretty lousy experience as far as storytelling goes, but it’s manic enough to make for an easy watch. Often makes little to no sense, and squanders a great cast.
161 total views
– (2017) – A small crew filming a zombie movie come under attack from real zombies. Or do they? The first 37-minutes is comprised of one shot that, while impressive, is still just a zombie flick. The real magic rests in the final hour, as the fabricated showing of real-time events amuses more than the opening gimmick. Unique and often hilarious, but tends to drag in spots.
222 total views