– (2020) – A small group of friends discover vampires living in and buying out their hood. Has an okay start that blends comedy with horror elements, but quickly becomes tiresome when characters never shut up about vampire lore. The final act is especially off-putting as absolutely nothing new is presented. As for the acting… the less said the better.
35 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
84 total views
– (2020) – A nurse who steals organs for the black market contends with a dolt who too easily screws everything up. The humor, while consistently dry, is rarely laugh-out-loud funny. The story, while consistently offbeat, is rarely profound. However, there are enough dark amusements to consider this a unique curiosity worthy of attention.
93 total views
– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
128 total views
– (2017) – A cannibalistic family kidnaps several people to keep up with their torturous Christmas traditions. While this is quickly paced and full of twisted scenarios, there’s an overall level of obnoxiousness that’s hard to shake. Violent as hell, but not as funny as intended.
124 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
235 total views
– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
212 total views
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
375 total views
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
190 total views
– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
195 total views