– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
135 total views, 6 views today
– (1997) – A defense lawyer from Florida is summoned to a New York City firm to take on high profile cases. Involving in the early-to-mid stages when blending the rise of success with the falling apart of a loved one, but once the religious plot is sorted out absurdities take over. The final half hour is packed with corny twists, and I doubt Al Pacino has ever been louder.
239 total views, 4 views today
– (2018) – A pastor who can turn into a dinosaur fights off ninjas who strive for world domination. Just as dumb as it sounds, yet comes close to working for its strange blend of seriousness and corn. Has a few brushes with gore that help, and at only 76-minutes never overstays its ludicrous welcome.
85 total views, 3 views today
– (2019) – A trio of friends are killing people in the name of religion, until their plans are thwarted by another trio of friends. Has a great first half that sets up its scenario well with solid acting, solid atmosphere, and solid twists. The second half comes close to losing its way on several occasions, yet always finds a means to steer itself back on course. Uneven, but enjoyable.
100 total views
– (2019) – Religious movie theater employees find a basement, discover a film, play said film, and become hunted by a force from that film. A mediocre story bogged down by unlikable characters and brain dead logic. They don’t escape because breaking a glass door is wrong? Several such factors contribute to a lousy time, though unoriginal ambition does arrive in the final act.
142 total views
– (2019) – When two siblings stay at a lodge with their father’s new girlfriend, dysfunction slowly gives way to insanity. From start to finish there are some clever moments and surprises, but they’re sporadically placed amid an incredibly drawn out 108-minutes, which often feels like an eternity. A brisker pace might have amped-up suspense, but what remains is steady though not highly enjoyable.
150 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – A live-action play within a known haunted house goes as badly as many expect. Attempts to add a backstory to the previous entries, but 98% of this has been seen before. Never terrible, and wants to be spooky, but can only remind of the superior original. On the plus side, this has the most fake looking facial scar in movie history.
201 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – Those curious about the prior happenings of a haunted hotel return to find more ghostly mischief. Has a brush or two with creepiness, but doesn’t do anything that wasn’t covered the first time around. A bit too silly, and takes itself far too seriously, but it’s moderately effective at times.
299 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
997 total views, 5 views today
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
168 total views