– (2019) – A live-action play within a known haunted house goes as badly as many expect. Attempts to add a backstory to the previous entries, but 98% of this has been seen before. Never terrible, and wants to be spooky, but can only remind of the superior original. On the plus side, this has the most fake looking facial scar in movie history.
92 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – Those curious about the prior happenings of a haunted hotel return to find more ghostly mischief. Has a brush or two with creepiness, but doesn’t do anything that wasn’t covered the first time around. A bit too silly, and takes itself far too seriously, but it’s moderately effective at times.
168 total views, 10 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
419 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
72 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A group of friends travel to Sweden during a period of elongated daylight and run into dark troubles. Despite hogging up a ton of valuable minutes, this chooses to ramble through simplicity rather than establish deep credibility in characters. Whether anyone lives or dies is never a concern as this is mostly a matter of either finding the horror inclusions creepy or ludicrous.
104 total views
– (2019) – A pizza delivery girl becomes the target of a Satanic cult that’s in need of a virginal sacrifice. Attempts zaniness at every turn, yet usually comes across as disjointed and unfunny. Moves fast and doesn’t last long, but misses the mark in both horror and camp by trying too hard to pass off the mundane plot as a silly comedy.
205 total views, 4 views today
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
165 total views, 4 views today
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a serial killer, plastic surgery, suicide, and a murder attempt survivor. While the first tale offers a unique spin on the slasher genre, the rest feel like film school projects that offer nothing intriguing. Not a painful watch, but this is more apt to make you groan than scream.
79 total views, 1 views today
– (2016) – A group of friends enter an abandoned prison to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. The hipster characters get annoying fast, but eventually the horror aspects lead to reasons for their welcomed demise. The plot is a little all over the place, and much of what occurs is absurd, but it’s short and moves fast.
136 total views, 4 views today
– (2018) – A woman summons an evil force to protect her village against outsiders, but he turns out a little too evil. While the production values are rock solid, the story is not. The biggest problem is the lack of a connective emotion between the conjured child and his mother, which the conclusion relies on heavily for meaningful impact. Not a hard watch, but hollow.
56 total views