– (2019) – A young nurse with euphoric ties to God slowly unravels while overprotecting her newest patient. A slow and steady account of a character who walks a fine line between zealotry and insanity. The mystery, already gripping throughout, leads to a knock-out conclusion that holds a lasting impression.
152 total views
– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
157 total views
– (2017) – Four friends on a hiking trip somehow get lost in a wooded terrain of religious atrocities. If not for some menacing atmosphere and eerie creature designs, there would be absolutely nothing to this. The whole scenario reeks of The Blair Witch Project while every character is a complete zero when it comes to compassion, camaraderie, or denoting any singular human trait.
129 total views
– (2020) – A recently blinded woman inherits a castle that inhabits a monstrous killer. Does nothing early on to distinguish itself from the original, aside from ditching the reliable family dynamic. When this does branch out on its own, you might wish it didn’t since those areas predominantly feature rape and ludicrous creature genitals. Wants to shock, but in turn nearly becomes a comedy.
228 total views
– (2019) – Four sort-of-friends visit a prison where a nun who once murdered inmates returns to continue killing. A dull disaster that has neither a commendable lead nor a threatening villain. Consists mainly of characters who sit around before they’re picked off in cheap manners.
208 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
337 total views
– (1997) – A defense lawyer from Florida is summoned to a New York City firm to take on high profile cases. Involving in the early-to-mid stages when blending the rise of success with the falling apart of a loved one, but once the religious plot is sorted out absurdities take over. The final half hour is packed with corny twists, and I doubt Al Pacino has ever been louder.
536 total views
– (2018) – A pastor who can turn into a dinosaur fights off ninjas who strive for world domination. Just as dumb as it sounds, yet comes close to working for its strange blend of seriousness and corn. Has a few brushes with gore that help, and at only 76-minutes never overstays its ludicrous welcome.
281 total views
– (2019) – A trio of friends are killing people in the name of religion, until their plans are thwarted by another trio of friends. Has a great first half that sets up its scenario well with solid acting, solid atmosphere, and solid twists. The second half comes close to losing its way on several occasions, yet always finds a means to steer itself back on course. Uneven, but enjoyable.
233 total views
– (2019) – Religious movie theater employees find a basement, discover a film, play said film, and become hunted by a force from that film. A mediocre story bogged down by unlikable characters and brain dead logic. They don’t escape because breaking a glass door is wrong? Several such factors contribute to a lousy time, though unoriginal ambition does arrive in the final act.
306 total views