– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
91 total views
– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
135 total views
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
224 total views
– (2016) – After escaping Hell, a devious clown hosts a talk show before realizing he should leave Earth. Has so much going on that any accurate description might take pages, yet the maniacal structure is the saving grace. Incredibly ambitious for something shot on the cheap, and has aspirations to please fans of pure lunacy.
217 total views
– (1995) – A sorority in league with the devil picks on a pledge who turns the tables on them. Has plenty of nudity and scantily clad women, which serve as the highlights since a story is non-existent. This isn’t funny, dramatic, nor scary, but it’s not long either. Moves fast through one dim scene after another, yet is still prone to bore.
218 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
252 total views
– (2019) – A war vet’s life is upended when his thought-dead brother returns, amid other non-explainable moments. Takes the basic idea of the first film and, for reasons unknown, actually does less from a horror standpoint. The drama is nothing to brag about, either, since every advancement is dry and corny.
340 total views
– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
334 total views
– (1995) – A relic collector with the ability to spawn demons tracks down his decades-long nemesis in a desolate hotel. A little too sluggish at times, but the action is admirable when it does kick in. Has great creature F/X and some R-rated surprises, but an absolutely rotten ending nearly ruins the goods.
421 total views
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
375 total views