– (2019) – A pizza delivery girl becomes the target of a Satanic cult that’s in need of a virginal sacrifice. Attempts zaniness at every turn, yet usually comes across as disjointed and unfunny. Moves fast and doesn’t last long, but misses the mark in both horror and camp by trying too hard to pass off the mundane plot as a silly comedy.
59 total views, 1 views today
– (1986) – Artifacts are stolen from an ancient Egyptian demon, and now she’s back to reclaim them. Doesn’t feature much horror, and has very little sleaze which is surprising considering the names attached. The story alone would be fine if it moved faster and at least tried to make sense. In all, a sloppy bore.
15 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A bulky spawn from Hell must keep a reassembled witch from ruining the world. While the multitude of F/X range from cheesy to impressive, the script never rises above lame. There’s simply too much happening, and not nearly enough time is spent on getting to know a single character.
4 total views, no views today
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a serial killer, plastic surgery, suicide, and a murder attempt survivor. While the first tale offers a unique spin on the slasher genre, the rest feel like film school projects that offer nothing intriguing. Not a painful watch, but this is more apt to make you groan than scream.
9 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A babysitter in the house of demonic relic collectors inadvertently unleashes the evil intentions of a possessed doll. Does what it can to establish credible characters, and they are likable, but the horror inflicted upon them is rather routine. Gets busy toward the end, but also feels unfocused. The best of the three so far, but still underwhelming.
10 total views, no views today
– (1983) – A haunted organ releases demons when played, causing ghostly problems for small town citizens. Not too bad when something preposterous is occurring in regards to the horror aspects. Most of this, however, is a majestic bore as characters talk on and on while scenes drag on and on.
13 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A woman summons an evil force to protect her village against outsiders, but he turns out a little too evil. While the production values are rock solid, the story is not. The biggest problem is the lack of a connective emotion between the conjured child and his mother, which the conclusion relies on heavily for meaningful impact. Not a hard watch, but hollow.
5 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A demon hunter and an FBI agent try to stop an evil force that hops into whomever kills its host. While Dolph Lundgren makes for a credible lead, and the concept is commendable, the overall output is only mildly engaging thanks largely to woefully overused CGI gore. The seriousness and camp don’t always blend well, either.
11 total views, no views today
– (2017) – Two FBI agents try to escape from a prison where unleashed inmates attempt their own break out. Appears promising due to the slew of cult icons involved, but the film itself is an unsightly mess. No character is distinctive, no plot point fuses with another, and no scene of action is clear enough to tell what’s going on. Proof positive that if you don’t have a script, you don’t have a movie.
11 total views, no views today
– (1988) – A group of friends vacate to a haunted locale where they’re picked off by an ancient demon. Has the makings of a decent 80’s slasher, from bantering friends to a couple of okay murders. The main problem rests with the pace, as long stretches transpire where nothing seems to happen. Has some campy moments and a great nude scene, for what it’s worth.
12 total views, no views today