– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
128 total views
– (2019) – A mysterious woman with a bland personality lays waste to those involved in a torture ring. Lacks the intrigue and dry humor of He Never Died, and instead provides too much evil mugging from the lead actress alongside bad comic relief. Dull, cheerless, and lacking any sort of meaning.
198 total views
– (1977) – A husky young woman uses her telekinesis to torment her enemies. The opening death should have been far more elaborate, and the rest feels the same. There are many good parts, but nothing stands out as significant. Has a solid twist toward the end, but also a lot of soap opera moments throughout.
485 total views
– (1978) – Ensuing the death of her parents, a young woman stays with her mother’s family, but she’s not as pleasant as she seems. Involving at the start, but gradually becomes sillier and more predictable as it advances. Not a regretful watch, as a lot happens at a steady place with cheese aplenty.
236 total views
– (2018) – A pastor who can turn into a dinosaur fights off ninjas who strive for world domination. Just as dumb as it sounds, yet comes close to working for its strange blend of seriousness and corn. Has a few brushes with gore that help, and at only 76-minutes never overstays its ludicrous welcome.
257 total views
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
213 total views
– (1995) – A sorority in league with the devil picks on a pledge who turns the tables on them. Has plenty of nudity and scantily clad women, which serve as the highlights since a story is non-existent. This isn’t funny, dramatic, nor scary, but it’s not long either. Moves fast through one dim scene after another, yet is still prone to bore.
213 total views
– (2019) – Dan Torrance, now grown up, must protect a young girl who also shines from a band of shine eaters. Incredibly long, but wholly absorbing throughout thanks to some truly disturbing character traits and events. The third act loses some momentum, but revisiting the Overlook and its haunts more than make up for any faults.
352 total views
– (1987) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a lonely murderer, a greedy thief, carnival lust, and young Civil War survivors. While none of the tales make much sense, each has its own creepy vibe and some violent moments that are hard to shake. A dark, atmospheric, and bloody good time that ends with a truly humorous line.
304 total views
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
370 total views