– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
104 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Enhanced Graboid spawns make trouble for an island inhabited by trophy hunters. A pretty dry and overlong entry in a series that simply doesn’t need to progress anymore. Never outright bad, but it’s too stale overall, from familiar jokes to familiar monster activity.
205 total views, 2 views today
– (2017) – Siblings who share an estate must follow certain rules to save their own life while not putting the other at risk. Has solid atmosphere and a plot worth following, but too often drags its feet which hurts in the areas of suspense. The whispering characters are nothing to brag about, either.
384 total views
– (2018) – A pastor who can turn into a dinosaur fights off ninjas who strive for world domination. Just as dumb as it sounds, yet comes close to working for its strange blend of seriousness and corn. Has a few brushes with gore that help, and at only 76-minutes never overstays its ludicrous welcome.
200 total views, 3 views today
– (1989) – Two friends encounter summoned creatures in a small house. Has moments that feel like a direct rip-off of The Evil Dead, but this can’t even plagiarize correctly. All that’s here are a bunch of scenes shot on the cheap, presumably without a script, for the sole purpose of making a “movie.” All parties involved should bow their heads in shame for barely trying.
151 total views
– (1995) – A man who injects himself with werewolf blood is later experimented on with hardening skin. Disturbing in that the main subject is always writhing in pain, but much of everything else is rather dry. Has too small a cast, meaning too low a body count, but manages some goofy terror.
536 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – “Legendary” actor Mark Torgl comes out of seclusion only to run into radioactive troubles that stem from The Toxic Avenger. Destroys the credibility of a cult classic with a pitiful story that’s so haphazardly edited it’s almost impossible to tell what’s happening. I doubt even the most seasoned Troma fan will be able to withstand this virtually unwatchable mess.
221 total views
– (2020) – A small family is stalked by a monster that hunts on sound. One of the lamest movies committed to film since there’s no credibility in the characters or monster. This is dull, ugly, unoriginal, and not even remotely suspenseful. Wants to be A Quiet Place (with Alien inclusions) but is far too inept.
299 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – A meteor crashes onto the property of an isolated family, and brings with it troubles of the colorful kind. Begins by building credibility in the few characters before tossing them into some truly dire situations. Not entirely deep from an emotional perspective, but gets by on unpredictability and dark surrealism.
322 total views, 1 views today
– (2007) – Monstrous puppets of Hansel & Gretel invade a young girl’s birthday party. The persistent aim for cartoon camp only reaches levels of over-the-top irritation, even before the monsters are unleashed. The F/X are terrible, the plot is flimsy, and the strive for comedy never succeeds. Follows the basic pattern of the original, which is not a good thing.
273 total views