– (2020) – A small cult traps a couple of social workers in a hotel that houses an alleged killer. Doesn’t have memorable characters nor a commendable plot, but does skirt by on some stark atmosphere and a short length. Nothing new, but it’s a relatively easy watch.
199 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
176 total views
– (2017) – A group of teens enter a haunted estate on Halloween night and have a hard time getting out. Takes every known ghost cliche of the past 100 years and crams them into 86-minutes. Does provide a variety of attempted scares, but none provide tension as you’re more apt to laugh at most occurrences than cower from them.
333 total views
– (2016) – The son of a murderer and his stoner friend hide from controversy in a small town, but are uncovered and blamed for new murders. A bad experience in that very few jokes are funny, despite attempting the zany vibe of the Scary Movie franchise. Has energy, but nothing worth remembering.
222 total views
– (2015) – A group of friends open a haunted house attraction in an actual haunted house. Begins as any other found footage cheapie, but what sets this apart from the others is a genuine creep factor throughout. It’s sometimes hard to tell what’s happening, especially toward the end, but there are plenty of moments that elicit chills.
395 total views
– (2019) – A seemingly immortal killer spreads his evil every Halloween. Has decent violence and some holiday atmosphere, but that’s pretty much where praise ends. The characters are dim, the plot is a corny mess, and the name Trick is spoken to obnoxious levels of repetition. We get it. His name is Trick. Short for Patrick. Big whoop.
492 total views
– (2019) – Anthology of three stories that focus on a killer clown, a killer doll clown, and another killer clown. The first story shows some signs of life, but the second is a basic repeat only with a toy, while the third is a stagnant bore. Yet another backyard effort by those with no clue how to tell one tale, let alone three.
276 total views
– (2016) – Low level street thugs are abducted by masked strangers on Halloween night. Gets off to a rough start by focusing on despicable characters and their irritating choice in music. Doesn’t fare much better when the stakes of the plot are raised, as too much of what’s supposed to be serious becomes corny.
246 total views
– (2009) – A scarecrow that’s brought to life kills a few people ensuing a Halloween party. Some of the character bantering is amusing in a low-level way, which is the only saving grace since the horror is terrible. Has the good sense to not run long, and manages some pleasant stupidity.
330 total views
– (2019) – A murdered outcast returns to pick off the petty thugs who’ve wronged him. Taking place on Halloween is about the only area worth commending, as everything else is an unwelcome sack of cliches. Absolutely nothing here is remotely original, and comes across as a wannabe Rob Zombie movie with the budget of a gum wrapper.
1,432 total views, 2 views today