– (2017) – A small crew filming a zombie movie come under attack from real zombies. Or do they? The first 37-minutes is comprised of one shot that, while impressive, is still just a zombie flick. The real magic rests in the final hour, as the fabricated showing of real-time events amuses more than the opening gimmick. Unique and often hilarious, but tends to drag in spots.
104 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A virus turns people into the living dead, but soldiers aim to stop them. Hard to say what the point is other than taking advantage of a deadly pandemic. Most of this is footage from two previous films, only dubbed over for “comedic” effect. Some of the silliness works, but overall this is pretty useless.
163 total views
– (2019) – Survivors of a zombie outbreak go in search of one of their own in dangerous terrain. Does what it can to entertain in a variety of ways, but nothing is particularly original or as funny as intended. Comes and goes without causing irritation, but once it’s over it’s easy to move on from.
178 total views, 1 views today
– (2007) – A woman who survived a zombie attack on an island returns to that island to bring them all down. Pretty much Aliens with zombies in place of monsters, yet has so many off-the-wall moments it’s hard to condemn as just a casual rip-off. Gore is plentiful, zombies are everywhere, and the outcome is admiringly disgusting.
169 total views, 1 views today
– (2007) – Treasure hunters become stranded on an island inhabited by treasure-protecting zombies. Barely anything put forth is new, and the backstory is stolen from The Fog, but there’s a bonkers approach to this that works throughout. An assembly of stupid ideas persist, yet there’s more than enough horror and cheese to appeal to fans of so-bad-it’s-good movies.
196 total views
– (1985) – Men, both living and undead, vie for a resurrected woman. Hard to consider a narrative film since the so-called story is all over the place and no discernible characters are focused on. Instead of a plot, we’re treated to a silly conglomeration of empty moments.
163 total views
– (1990) – Anthology of three stories that focus on a filmmaker terrorized by his creations, an anchorwoman terrorized by a hit and run victim, and a veteran terrorized by a dead soldier. The second story is by far the highlight, as it features some nifty (if not cheesy) creativity. The other two stories are rather pointless and pathetic, but they at least try to entertain.
253 total views, 1 views today
– (1989) – An electrical storm shorts out the power of a cryogenic lab, which thaws out and brings back to life the dead. While characters are never well-drawn, they show enough personality to invest 90-minutes in. Silly and laughably unrealistic, but has a fun vibe and solid thunderstorm atmosphere.
138 total views
– (2019) – The dead are on the rise in a sleepy town, prompting its citizens to embellish their decapitation skills. Sets up a doomsday scenario that offers promise, but the outcome is crippled by a complete lack of originality. Too slow, too familiar, and worst of all, too unfunny. While you’re not laughing, good luck finding any character worth caring about.
144 total views
– (2019) – A family relocates to a town near ancient grounds that can return life to the deceased. Seems to have been created for the sole purpose of playing against the original film, but in doing so creates unpredictability in characters and their grim plights. Sometimes uneven, but more often that not will shred nerves and provoke emotions.
243 total views, 1 views today