– (2016) – While trying to determine the cause of death of an unknown woman, a pathologist and his son unleash evil forces. For every instance that makes you say, “Well, duh,” there’s another that makes you say, “Oh, s**t!” Has some truly unique and tense inclusions, but isn’t exactly flawless in its logic.
– (2016) – A father accompanies his daughter to see her mother while a viral outbreak turns humans into bloodthirsty killers. Yet another not-quite-a-zombie yarn that might as well be called 28 Days Later on a Train. Does have some credible character moments and scenarios, but the been-there-done-that vibe turns attempted emotions into schmaltz.
– (2017) – A woman who’s been battling a corporate viral outbreak for many years returns to the epicenter of her problems to end all the madness. Follows the same formula as the previous entries by placing computerized technology over any human traits. A jumbled mess that has no flow, no involvement, and no reassurance that this is actually the end.
– (2012) – A bunch of college geeks deal with zombies by referring to popular movies. There’s hardly any story pertaining to the dead versus the living, aside from a few wide shots of zombie groups. A dirt cheap version of something that could have been made for even cheaper and still accomplish the same nothingness.
– (2016) – A reporter and his ragtag cohorts battle against zombies and a government plan to kill the living infected. Has much more to do with conspiracies and computer hacking than the angry dead, which wouldn’t be a problem had the story not been so ordinary and stale. A dime-a-dozen bore with stiff pacing and meaningless action.
– (2011) – A group of college students come to terms with each other as well as a zombie outbreak. Has moments of somewhat-fun get-to-know-you character moments, and an above average attempt to freshen a beaten genre. Commonness gets in the way of any festivities, but the lightheartedness does work.
– (2006) – While searching for a five legged goat with two heads, a reporter ends up in a town inhabited by vampires, zombies, and sluts. Somewhere within the juvenile jokes and self-aware atrocities is a story with significant ambitions. Strives too hard for laughs, which is an uphill battle since the humor is abominable.