– (2020) – A small group of friends discover vampires living in and buying out their hood. Has an okay start that blends comedy with horror elements, but quickly becomes tiresome when characters never shut up about vampire lore. The final act is especially off-putting as absolutely nothing new is presented. As for the acting… the less said the better.
36 total views, 1 views today
– (2021) – A group of friends go off trail while hiking and discover an underground cult. Gets off to a perfectly awful start where insufferable characters constantly scream and curse at will. A twist eventually surfaces within the villains, but this still serves no greater purpose than killing people for rather dumb reasons. Improves as it goes, but drags its feet for so long the ultimate turns become easy to predict.
133 total views
– (2017) – Four friends on a hiking trip somehow get lost in a wooded terrain of religious atrocities. If not for some menacing atmosphere and eerie creature designs, there would be absolutely nothing to this. The whole scenario reeks of The Blair Witch Project while every character is a complete zero when it comes to compassion, camaraderie, or denoting any singular human trait.
106 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A recently blinded woman inherits a castle that inhabits a monstrous killer. Does nothing early on to distinguish itself from the original, aside from ditching the reliable family dynamic. When this does branch out on its own, you might wish it didn’t since those areas predominantly feature rape and ludicrous creature genitals. Wants to shock, but in turn nearly becomes a comedy.
184 total views
– (2020) – A small cult traps a couple of social workers in a hotel that houses an alleged killer. Doesn’t have memorable characters nor a commendable plot, but does skirt by on some stark atmosphere and a short length. Nothing new, but it’s a relatively easy watch.
229 total views
– (2020) – Four budding witches develop their powers amid common high school struggles. Hardly reinvents the witchcraft wheel as nothing presented is remotely fresh. A remake/reboot that’s far more obnoxious than meaningful, and far more tedious than gripping. The final twist, however, is decent.
223 total views
– (2020) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Pretty much the same movie as the 1990 original, but suffers in comparison thanks to an overreliance of CGI and an overall lack of dark morbidity. Moves fast, but covers no new ground.
337 total views
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
221 total views
– (2019) – A young woman who moves into her first apartment is forced into social conditioning by her new neighbors. A highly improbable story that suggests sects are so widespread they go unnoticed, but what keeps this in the dregs is the complete lack of suspense and character development. Leaves out a single source that could separate this from any other tale of pretentious cultism.
224 total views
– (1990) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Mostly obnoxious at first, and always remains awkward, but does provide some fun moments once the kid becomes a rodent. A strange blend of horror and kiddie fodder, but it always holds interest and reasons to see it through to the end.
205 total views