– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
96 total views, no views today
– (2019) – Sorority
girls women contend with all manner of wicked guys. A little too heavy handed on the feminist agenda, especially the super-lame dance scene, and as such feels like topical propaganda. The pace is quick though, which helps one get through a plot that is hardly original or instructive.
126 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
217 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – When visiting her’s fiance’s family, a young woman is sucked into his dark heritage. Hard to say what the point is, but this does offer some creepy imagery throughout. Too by-the-numbers to make any particular scene uncomfortable, but the evident ghastliness is appreciated.
57 total views, no views today
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
38 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A group of friends travel to Sweden during a period of elongated daylight and run into dark troubles. Despite hogging up a ton of valuable minutes, this chooses to ramble through simplicity rather than establish deep credibility in characters. Whether anyone lives or dies is never a concern as this is mostly a matter of either finding the horror inclusions creepy or ludicrous.
64 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A pizza delivery girl becomes the target of a Satanic cult that’s in need of a virginal sacrifice. Attempts zaniness at every turn, yet usually comes across as disjointed and unfunny. Moves fast and doesn’t last long, but misses the mark in both horror and camp by trying too hard to pass off the mundane plot as a silly comedy.
121 total views, no views today
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
75 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A group of friends enter an abandoned prison to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. The hipster characters get annoying fast, but eventually the horror aspects lead to reasons for their welcomed demise. The plot is a little all over the place, and much of what occurs is absurd, but it’s short and moves fast.
66 total views, no views today
– (1981) – A young woman returns to her family’s estate for her 19th birthday party, and is met with strange activities from an ancestral coven. Moves slow and goes through common motions, but does hold attention throughout. The end result is fantastic, however, as this features one of the creepiest conclusions in all of horror.
65 total views, no views today