– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
80 total views, no views today
– (2017) – When visiting her’s fiance’s family, a young woman is sucked into his dark heritage. Hard to say what the point is, but this does offer some creepy imagery throughout. Too by-the-numbers to make any particular scene uncomfortable, but the evident ghastliness is appreciated.
18 total views, no views today
– (2013) – Sorority girls inadvertently awaken an evil force when attempting to gain ground for themselves. Though attempts at horror do occur, the plot and characters don’t add up to zilch. Every college character and situation is like any other in this setting, and practically nothing here hasn’t been seen before.
14 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A group of friends travel to Sweden during a period of elongated daylight and run into dark troubles. Despite hogging up a ton of valuable minutes, this chooses to ramble through simplicity rather than establish deep credibility in characters. Whether anyone lives or dies is never a concern as this is mostly a matter of either finding the horror inclusions creepy or ludicrous.
26 total views, no views today
– (2019) – A pizza delivery girl becomes the target of a Satanic cult that’s in need of a virginal sacrifice. Attempts zaniness at every turn, yet usually comes across as disjointed and unfunny. Moves fast and doesn’t last long, but misses the mark in both horror and camp by trying too hard to pass off the mundane plot as a silly comedy.
73 total views, no views today
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
32 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A group of friends enter an abandoned prison to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. The hipster characters get annoying fast, but eventually the horror aspects lead to reasons for their welcomed demise. The plot is a little all over the place, and much of what occurs is absurd, but it’s short and moves fast.
20 total views, no views today
– (1981) – A young woman returns to her family’s estate for her 19th birthday party, and is met with strange activities from an ancestral coven. Moves slow and goes through common motions, but does hold attention throughout. The end result is fantastic, however, as this features one of the creepiest conclusions in all of horror.
24 total views, 1 views today
– (2005) – A journalist and a reporter head to Romania to investigate a cult that can summon deadly storms. Reaches absurd levels of stupidity five minutes in and rarely disappoints in the realm of idiocy thereafter. A bit too slow to hold in higher bad movie regard, but a lot of what occurs between dialog, acting, F/X, and plot points is truly absurd.
14 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A dance school student participates for an academy run by witches. Follows the basic premise of the original, but the events are completely different and somehow even freakier. Characters aren’t a strong point, but this succeeds admirably in creating unique scenarios while uncomfortably spilling some blood and puke along the way.
93 total views, no views today