– (2009) – A scarecrow that’s brought to life kills a few people ensuing a Halloween party. Some of the character bantering is amusing in a low-level way, which is the only saving grace since the horror is terrible. Has the good sense to not run long, and manages some pleasant stupidity.
91 total views
– (2018) – A killer freed on a technicality is lynched, but returns to settle the score. A by-the-numbers slasher film with all the elements you’d expect from sub-par horror. What sinks this is the dialog, which tries to convey plot and emotion but comes across as rambling.
64 total views
– (2018) – A murderous scarecrow who killed in the past is back to frighten people. Okay when setting things up, but the saving graces (blood and nudity) all but disappear after the first act. This is mostly a strained comedy that beats the joke of mistaken identity to death.
59 total views
– (2016) – A group of friends tread upon a forbidden barn on Halloween and face the dire consequences. Allegedly takes place in 1989, but aside from some lingo this looks pretty modern. Has some okay gore, but anything dealing with character drama is awful.
59 total views
– (2002) – A rock band travels to a locale where a scarecrow-type killer is picking them off. Shows promise in the scenario, but never takes off since nothing new ever occurs. Standard nonsense that never rises above mediocrity.
46 total views
– (2004) – A college initiation prank leads to the resurrection of a murderous scarecrow. Spends most of its time dealing with a few hospitalized victims, rather than have the titular villain establish a body count. The F/X are awful, the characters are dumb, and the marine inclusions are useless.
52 total views, 1 views today
– (2009) – A farmer in financial ruin plants a scarecrow that further complicates his life. Like the previous entry, the story isn’t too bad but the delivery is ruined by a lack of overall movement. Decent in horrific and smutty spurts, but too drab overall.
51 total views
– (2011) – Friends on a road trip are detoured by crows and living scarecrows. Some ideas are appreciative, and the overall story is fueled by horror, but nothing means much since the characters are so typical. Means well, but lacks suspense and reason.
46 total views
– (2007) – Small town religious freaks seek a girl in order to impregnate her with a host for their dead leader. Has a strange concept that invites a variety of horror themes, but most of them fail to make sense. Moves quickly and has above-average acting, but the plot is too dim to fully impress.
50 total views
– (2007) – A group of semi-friends enter an attraction where imagined fears become real. Takes itself too seriously, as none of the fears are established through anything but lame transitions. Has professional moments, but the overall story and its progressions are sheer garbage.
89 total views