– (2004) – Soldiers venture into a jungle on a search and rescue mission, but encounter enraged cannibals. Begins as an obvious rip-off of Cannibal Holocaust before becoming an obvious rip-off of Predator. The amount of plagiarism has to be seen to be believed, yet is the only redeeming quality.
76 total views, no views today
– (1991) – Armed robbers hole up in the house of a seemingly ordinary family, yet the tides quickly turn on them. The first third is pretty ordinary, but from then on becomes a surprisingly morbid tale with more than one unexpected twist. Has a couple of lags, but dishes out a high degree of blood and insanity.
51 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A few friends try to stop an old woman from killing children on Halloween. The horror aspects pretty much stink, since the whole idea is nothing new, and the lack of any police activity is simply preposterous. However, the first forty minutes are filled with genuine moments of humor, so not all time is wasted.
49 total views, no views today
– (2013) – A man searching for the end to a viral outbreak becomes trapped in a sewer by a giant and his evil brother. Has a gleefully vile opening scene that only opens the door to the sheer boredom that follows. Grisly throughout, but otherwise offers nothing that isn’t disgusting (i.e. a point).
33 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A freshman in college is hazed into eating meat, and steadily grows a hunger for human flesh. A far-from-standard story that never fully explains itself, which only fuels the intrigue. Some scenes of violence are hard to watch, while the story takes hold early on and never lets go.
28 total views, 3 views today
– (2013) – Gang members who shoot up a Russian strip club end up victims of a sadistic family ensuing escape. Blends an ordinary gangster movie with an ordinary Texas Chainsaw Massacre ripoff and ends up an ordinary bore. Has some great nudity early on, and some okay violence, but everything else is too familiar.
34 total views, no views today
– (1999) – A man on a mission of peace ends up battling a horde of cannibals alongside twelve other warriors. A trivial mess that somehow turns sword battles into tests of endurance. Characters have no depth, the story is too basic, and the victories throughout too easily won. More along the lines of a Lord of the Rings film without any purpose or meaning.
37 total views, no views today
– (2001) – Newlyweds honeymoon in an area where a woman is eating people and a doctor who might know why disappeared. Has a deliberately slow pace and never identifies what it’s about, yet manages to hold attention through some grisly and sexually charged moments. An atypical structure further enhances the confusing creepiness.
35 total views, 3 views today
– (2014) – Nazis are separated from one another ensuing a plane mishap and end up in woods where cannibals dwell. Runs 96 minutes, but if you remove all the slo-mo shots this would easily lose a half hour. Though a few rants are humorous, there are more close-ups of butt cheeks than anything that advances an actual plot.
31 total views, 1 views today
– (1999) – A young woman applies for a secretary job yet is fondled and stripped nude over the course of an hour. That’s it. That’s the movie. Granted, Erin Brown is extremely attractive, but watching her get humiliated for such a long stretch is discomforting. Eventually winds down on a note of eating the lead actress, which is the most plot this offers.
30 total views, 2 views today