– (2018) – An emotionally pulverized Laurie Strode helps her estranged family outlast the lunatic who ruined her life. Does a great job catching up with the original’s heroine, as we’re invested in her plight from the start. Some advancements aren’t logical, and the pace isn’t pinpoint, but Michael Myers is in top diabolical form and there’s plenty of tension spread throughout.
– (2017) – Old people quest to save young people from the ghostly terrors of a Halloween party. The characters are deplorable, and the plot is flimsy beyond belief, but unlike the previous entry this one actually has Halloween atmosphere. Ambitious and fast paced in the last half, but it’s never funny, never original, and never believable.
– (2016) – A pain in the ass “woman” who intends to shut down a frat party is haunted by “her” foes. Has virtually nothing to do with Halloween, and far more to do with family values. Sort of has a plot at first, but resorts to one preachy rant after another and provides nothing but ancient lessons.
– (2015) – A couple is invited to a reunion where cult members introduce them to their way of life, but (at first) don’t press their agenda. An incredibly slow builder that sprinkles in enough intrigue throughout to hold attention. Has a few brushes with suspense, but ends with a purpose that’s shattered by the overall lack of human emotion.
– (2018) – A young man obliterates his dysfunctional family after a slow dissolve involving abuse, drugs, and infrequent haunts. A variation of Amityville II that doesn’t resort to as much corn, but rather tries to depict history in a more straightforward manner. Not always on point, and the Long Island accents are a bit much, but by the end this is wholly effective.
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories (with an elongated wraparound) that focus on slave toys, a necromancer, vamps, and racial politics. While some of what occurs is drop dead dumb, there’s enough humor and positive social messages throughout to keep enjoyment rolling. Not as stark as the original, but certainly amusing.