– (2016) – A fortune teller/con artist brings home a Ouija board that summons her husband’s spirit and possesses her youngest daughter. Piled high with moments too often seen, and has characters who don’t look or feel as though they belong to the same family. Corny at best, as timeworn events are taken too seriously.
– (2016) – Three scientists and an MTA worker hunt the harbinger of ghosts to prevent Armageddon. Strives to become a big budget F/X extravaganza for the ages, but quickly becomes a waste of money thanks to an abundance of dead jokes and irritating characters. Busy in structure, but barely entertaining.
– (2015) – Anthology of eight stories that focus on pumpkin seeds, doomsday, a meat sacrifice, a wrongful death, a carnival game, a frightened kid, a chubby murderer, and an online ghost. Very few stories have any Halloween atmosphere, and most every tale has no direction or purpose. Woefully acted, nonsensical, and horribly constructed.
– (2015) – Big wasps become bigger wasps when they bore into humans and tear their way out. A small scale outing that mainly features a few characters trying to outlast a monster invasion from within a mansion. The cutesy banter between the leads is as familiar as the mayhem around them, but some jokes work and the pace is brisk.
– (2016) – Two BFF clerks take on mini-Nazi bratwursts that eventually control a goalie golem. The leads are vibrant enough to carry the watch, but the plot around them gets a bit too awkward. The humor works on occasion, though the horror inclusions are too purposefully twisted to have any sort of cinematic impact.
– (2006) – An electrocuted serial killer who refuses to die is buried alive, but escapes to murder his captors. On the plus side this is rather grimy and features some staged brutality, but ill advisedly begins with scenes depicting real animal torture as a lame means to get a rise from an audience. Without that inclusion this movie is bad, with it the experience is sour.
– (2017) – Victims of a tape that kills them a week after their initial viewing pass on the curse to others for survival, until the tape changes. Although there is a new spin put forth with the strange new images and mystery behind them, this can’t hold a candle to the original’s similar quest. Not the easiest to follow, mainly due to the flat characters and a flatter pace.