– (2015) – A killer dressed as Santa is mutilating men and women during the most festive time of year. While this does have holiday atmosphere and an abundance of murders, there’s a lack of overall creativity that renders this just another slasher. It’s better than most in that it moves fast and spills blood, but it’s still rather ordinary.
58 total views, 9 views today
– (1995) – A cowboy with the ability to spawn demons tracks down his decades-long nemesis in a desolate hotel. A little too sluggish at times, but the action is admirable when it does kick in. Has great creature F/X and some R-rated surprises, but an absolutely rotten ending nearly ruins the goods.
40 total views, 4 views today
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
37 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A poor family cons their way into becoming employees of an affluent family, but unexpected events foil their scheme. A slow builder that’s hard to decipher at first, but once the plot settles the delirious twists rarely stop coming. Though the characters are hard to root for, since they are rather narcissistic, what they face is often jarring and ultimately sad.
70 total views, 1 views today
– (1983) – Christmastime is disrupted when a samurai ghost is summoned and lays waste to a backwoods family. There’s not much of a story here, and the pace is incredibly slow. Gets by on a decent body count, a decent female body, and a high abundance of cheesy 80’s effects.
43 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
78 total views, 3 views today
– (2016) – A woman who casts spells of affection on men is prone to take matters to deadly lengths. Has a distinct look that gives off a vintage vibe, but the story becomes stale in a hurry. Enough happens to help keep eyes open (sometimes wide open) but the plot crawls to a drab finish.
44 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A group of friends vacate to a wooded area where a killer in a cheap disguise picks them off. Approximately the one billionth slasher with lackluster murders, rancid acting, and few redeeming qualities. If something positive must be said, there are some okay camera angles. Otherwise, the title says it all.
40 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A seemingly immortal killer spreads his evil every Halloween. Has decent violence and some holiday atmosphere, but that’s pretty much where praise ends. The characters are dim, the plot is a corny mess, and the name Trick is spoken to obnoxious levels of repetition. We get it. His name is Trick. Short for Patrick. Big whoop.
29 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters whom are at their best when behaving their worst.
59 total views, 2 views today