– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
64 total views
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
73 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A young woman who moves into her first apartment is forced into social conditioning by her new neighbors. A highly improbable story that suggests sects are so widespread they go unnoticed, but what keeps this in the dregs is the complete lack of suspense and character development. Leaves out a single source that could separate this from any other tale of pretentious cultism.
92 total views
– (2015) – A large group of people appear in a small room where they’re picked off by an unknown source every few minutes. Spends 99.9% of its time focusing on lousy actors who shout rancid dialog in what’s little more than a Saw VI clone. A trivial and irritating drag that’s devoid of any talent.
176 total views, 2 views today
– (2018) – Three dorks pledge a fraternity that takes hazing to high levels of depravity. The overall plot and some violent inclusions are okay, but those areas, and all others, are crippled by the horrid acting from all participants involved. Could have been better if made by more capable hands.
84 total views
– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
251 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A mysterious woman with a bland personality lays waste to those involved in a torture ring. Lacks the intrigue and dry humor of He Never Died, and instead provides too much evil mugging from the lead actress alongside bad comic relief. Dull, cheerless, and lacking any sort of meaning.
105 total views, 1 views today
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
714 total views
– (2016) – Documentary that promises to explore the rise and fall of physical media, but spends most of its time following the creators as they thrift shop for movies. Means well and provides some credible info, but lacks a narrative focus and as such is appallingly disjointed. Probably fun for those involved, but all else beware.
112 total views
– (2018) – A young bride gradually learns of her domestic role while locked up in her wealthy husband’s estate. Creates a mystery with developments worth investing time in, but by the mid-point the crawling pace becomes a nagging hindrance. A quicker stride would have helped, as too many plot points are narrated at a near-whisper. Decent concept, dull execution.
96 total views