– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
65 total views, 10 views today
– (2017) – Four friends on a hiking trip somehow get lost in a wooded terrain of religious atrocities. If not for some menacing atmosphere and eerie creature designs, there would be absolutely nothing to this. The whole scenario reeks of The Blair Witch Project while every character is a complete zero when it comes to compassion, camaraderie, or denoting any singular human trait.
63 total views, 2 views today
– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
89 total views
– (2017) – A cannibalistic family kidnaps several people to keep up with their torturous Christmas traditions. While this is quickly paced and full of twisted scenarios, there’s an overall level of obnoxiousness that’s hard to shake. Violent as hell, but not as funny as intended.
85 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A recently blinded woman inherits a castle that inhabits a monstrous killer. Does nothing early on to distinguish itself from the original, aside from ditching the reliable family dynamic. When this does branch out on its own, you might wish it didn’t since those areas predominantly feature rape and ludicrous creature genitals. Wants to shock, but in turn nearly becomes a comedy.
138 total views, 2 views today
– (2020) – African refugees flee to England where they’re housed in a tenement full of ghoulish surprises. Has some stark scenes of horror that contrast the wicked outside world, and provides a few chills along the way. The main problem is that the leads aren’t drawn enough to feel total compassion for, despite how tragic their lives are.
93 total views
– (2020) – A woman is transported into the minds of others to carry out assassination missions. On the plus side, this continuously makes you wonder what’s happening. On the minus side, none of the answers are gratifying. The concept is intriguing, but the execution is plagued by a sluggish pace and what feels like forced confusion. The violence is effective, though.
100 total views
– (2020) – A small cult traps a couple of social workers in a hotel that houses an alleged killer. Doesn’t have memorable characters nor a commendable plot, but does skirt by on some stark atmosphere and a short length. Nothing new, but it’s a relatively easy watch.
195 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Those who die in a particular house return as vocal ghosts. Lacks an emotional connection to any character since their ties to one another are so ordinary, and lacks scares since everything attempted has been done to death. Rarely raises a pulse, and has more instances of characters shouting “Papa!” than any moment worth watching this for.
406 total views
– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
132 total views