– (2017) – Some dweeb tries to solve the mystery of a ghostly killer who manipulates minds. Focuses on very few characters, yet still can’t make any of them noteworthy. Says hello to mediocrity and bye-bye to credibility through one cliched scene of incompetence after another.
– (2016) – Cops, hospital personnel, and vigilantes contend with interdimensional forces of evil. Basically a cross between Assault on Precinct 13 and From Beyond, with traces of other more successful films thrown in the mix. Has some enjoyably gory mayhem, but the plot and significance lack originality.
– (1999) – A young woman applies for a secretary job yet is fondled and stripped nude over the course of an hour. That’s it. That’s the movie. Granted, Erin Brown is extremely attractive, but watching her get humiliated for such a long stretch is discomforting. Eventually winds down on a note of eating the lead actress, which is the most plot this offers.
– (2016) – A pregnant woman takes orders to kill from her unborn child. The concept is promising, but the payoffs fail since A) the lead doesn’t try to stop what’s happening and B) she kills people who don’t deserve to die. Will perhaps strike a cord with the pregnant and moody, but for the rest of us this is merely a soulless experience.
– (2017) – A military guided expedition to an unclaimed island leads to the discovery of a massive ape. Gets off to a rip-roaring start, but after the first major action sequence, the pace takes a serious hit. Separate parties wander toward a rendezvous point amid sporadic creature battles, yet only one character has a background while others go missing for long stretches. The human scope is empty, but the mystique of Kong is top notch.
– (2016) – A group of friends on a Spring Break vacation encounter a killer who spreads his murderous plague. The characters are pure stock, but the horror does try to make up for such shortcomings. Within the first half hour is necrophilia, rape, scat, tampon eating, urine drinking, and vomiting. If that sounds like fun, climb on board, if not, run from this as fast as you can.
– (2015) – A large man who carts around large pancakes is picking off teens from a church retreat. There’s virtually no plot, and most everything from a slasher sense has been seen before, but this doesn’t take itself seriously and has a ton of momentum, which helps it stand out from the pack. Provides plenty and boobs and blood, and has a particularly creative kill when someone is halved.