– (2019) – A troubled young woman believes her dead mother is in her phone, and violently goes off the deep end. Won’t win awards for character depth, as only the lead actress is drawn, but there is some enjoyment thanks to a brisk pace and bloody instances. The conclusion, while preposterous, is somehow more bonkers than the set-up.
41 total views, 4 views today
– (2020) – Enhanced Graboid spawns make trouble for an island inhabited by trophy hunters. A pretty dry and overlong entry in a series that simply doesn’t need to progress anymore. Never outright bad, but it’s too stale overall, from familiar jokes to familiar monster activity.
90 total views, 7 views today
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
164 total views, 10 views today
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
80 total views, 2 views today
– (2010) – A woman is stalked by her thought-dead ex, but he’s actually become invisible. A pretty decent drama laced with horror inclusions that range from mildly intense to mildly silly. A bit dry and a little too long, but does involve throughout and has some noteworthy twists.
65 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – Four sort-of-friends visit a prison where a nun who once murdered inmates returns to continue killing. A dull disaster that has neither a commendable lead nor a threatening villain. Consists mainly of characters who sit around before they’re picked off in cheap manners.
90 total views, 4 views today
– (2003) – A masked killer is picking off a close knit group of strippers. Doesn’t do anything not seen in any other cop drama or slasher, but few are as amusing for reasons both good and bad. On one hand there’s gore and plenty of nudity, but there’s also a high abundance of amateurish ridiculousness. Far from great, but entertains.
78 total views, 2 views today
– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
113 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
120 total views
– (2019) – A young woman who moves into her first apartment is forced into social conditioning by her new neighbors. A highly improbable story that suggests sects are so widespread they go unnoticed, but what keeps this in the dregs is the complete lack of suspense and character development. Leaves out a single source that could separate this from any other tale of pretentious cultism.
134 total views, 1 views today