– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
94 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – A cannibalistic family kidnaps several people to keep up with their torturous Christmas traditions. While this is quickly paced and full of twisted scenarios, there’s an overall level of obnoxiousness that’s hard to shake. Violent as hell, but not as funny as intended.
89 total views, 2 views today
– (2018) – A shark from a comic book ends up in shallow waters at Christmastime, and only the creator can end its reign. A deeply ridiculous outing that seems to have been built around the title, despite an appalling lack of holiday atmosphere. Still, it’s moderately fun and has an acceptable amount of cheesy charm.
149 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – When two siblings stay at a lodge with their father’s new girlfriend, dysfunction slowly gives way to insanity. From start to finish there are some clever moments and surprises, but they’re sporadically placed amid an incredibly drawn out 108-minutes, which often feels like an eternity. A brisker pace might have amped-up suspense, but what remains is steady though not highly enjoyable.
249 total views
– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
312 total views
– (2018) – A highly dysfunctional family turns to murder during a Christmas dinner party. Has plenty of violent zaniness, but the characters are so over the top in their regular deficiencies that their rise to insanity is barely noticed. Only the lead female comes close to commendable, as everyone else is repugnant out of the gate. Easy to get through, but once will do.
354 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – Sorority
girls women contend with all manner of wicked guys. A little too heavy handed on the feminist agenda, especially the super-lame dance scene, and as such feels like topical propaganda. The pace is quick though, which helps one get through a plot that is hardly original or instructive.
361 total views
– (2015) – A killer dressed as Santa is mutilating men and women during the most festive time of year. While this does have holiday atmosphere and an abundance of murders, there’s a lack of overall creativity that renders this just another slasher. It’s better than most in that it moves fast and spills blood, but it’s still rather ordinary.
2,153 total views
– (1983) – Christmastime is disrupted when a samurai ghost is summoned and lays waste to a backwoods family. There’s not much of a story here, and the pace is incredibly slow. Gets by on a decent body count, a decent female body, and a high abundance of cheesy 80’s effects.
293 total views
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
494 total views