– (2019) – A young woman who moves into her first apartment is forced into social conditioning by her new neighbors. A highly improbable story that suggests sects are so widespread they go unnoticed, but what keeps this in the dregs is the complete lack of suspense and character development. Leaves out a single source that could separate this from any other tale of pretentious cultism.
166 total views
– (2018) – Three dorks pledge a fraternity that takes hazing to high levels of depravity. The overall plot and some violent inclusions are okay, but those areas, and all others, are crippled by the horrid acting from all participants involved. Could have been better if made by more capable hands.
142 total views
– (2019) – A mysterious woman with a bland personality lays waste to those involved in a torture ring. Lacks the intrigue and dry humor of He Never Died, and instead provides too much evil mugging from the lead actress alongside bad comic relief. Dull, cheerless, and lacking any sort of meaning.
156 total views
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
277 total views
– (2019) – A man is summoned to his father’s house for reasons that are far from standard. Starts of well-enough, but around the mid-point starts throwing around too many oddball situations, and none are particularly engaging. Certainly unpredictable, but too scattered to fully grip.
137 total views
– (2004) – A small group of strangers struggle to escape from a series of boxes while engineers try to keep them contained. Only distinct from the previous entries in that we leave confined compounds, but the scenes outside the squares are equally inept. Has a great opening shot of grue, but all else is stale and uneventful.
267 total views
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters who are at their best when behaving their worst.
678 total views
– (2019) – High school kids befriend a woman who lets them party in her basement, but she gradually becomes too involved in their lives. Works best when laying out insanity, but some occurrences are a bit on the silly side. The major problem is the antagonist’s motive, which doesn’t necessitate the brutal outcome.
452 total views
– (2012) – A young woman agrees to participate in a scheme to acquire money, which turns out to be a sadistic game of life and death. The idea is intriguing, but it’s wasted on characters we simply know nothing about. There’s only one character who’s explored, rendering the outcome completely predictable. Much of the acting is bad, as well, which helps ruin the creep factor.
248 total views
– (2018) – Psychotic moments are exchanged in a small circle of cellists. Almost succeeds as a unique horror experience, but for every shocking moment there are several of blinding stupidity that almost render this a comedy. Would have worked better if no character spoke and the actors practiced their parts.
210 total views