– (2017) – The child of a notoriously lawless family escapes from a mental institution, raises hell with other inmates, and ultimately becomes the titular villain. Gets off to a terrible start by introducing scenarios that make no sense (if the family’s so bad why are they free), but gradually becomes a ridiculous bloodbath that’s hard to look away from. Light years from perfect, but provides some gory goods.
– (1985) – A group of female friends take a trip to the desert where they’re assaulted by rapists. Does plenty of preaching about the social statures of men and women, but never signifies a point as this feels more like a rip-off of Last House than anything singular or eventful. Has so much nudity that the mere thought of women’s lib is rendered moot early on.
– (2006) – An electrocuted serial killer who refuses to die is buried alive, but escapes to murder his captors. On the plus side this is rather grimy and features some staged brutality, but ill advisedly begins with scenes depicting real animal torture as a lame means to get a rise from an audience. Without that inclusion this movie is bad, with it the experience is sour.
– (2016) – Five carnival workers are abducted and forced to participate in a timed game of death. Features the standard Rob Zombie atmosphere and actors, but nothing new comes of either. A blend of House of 1000 Corpses and The Running Man that supplies plenty of violence but no rationale to such areas. Feels slapped together as it’s often hard to tell what’s going on.
– (2016) – Three young thieves break into the house of a blind man, and quickly find themselves his prey. An unusual blend of Saw, Seed of Chucky, and The People Under the Stairs that turns anything suspenseful into a joke if relating to comparisons. A mass of cliches that may please genre newcomers, but nothing new is ever presented.
– (2014) – Twin boys play sadistic games with a bandaged woman who claims she’s their mother but acts nothing like her. Reaches highs in scenes that shock and disturb, but has a couple of illogical lows. Winds down on an eerie note by churning out the completely unexpected. Requires patience, but is worth the wait.