– (2021) – A group of friends go off trail while hiking and discover an underground cult. Gets off to a perfectly awful start where insufferable characters constantly scream and curse at will. A twist eventually surfaces within the villains, but this still serves no greater purpose than killing people for rather dumb reasons. Improves as it goes, but drags its feet for so long the ultimate turns become easy to predict.
168 total views
– (2017) – A cannibalistic family kidnaps several people to keep up with their torturous Christmas traditions. While this is quickly paced and full of twisted scenarios, there’s an overall level of obnoxiousness that’s hard to shake. Violent as hell, but not as funny as intended.
131 total views
– (2019) – A young woman who moves into her first apartment is forced into social conditioning by her new neighbors. A highly improbable story that suggests sects are so widespread they go unnoticed, but what keeps this in the dregs is the complete lack of suspense and character development. Leaves out a single source that could separate this from any other tale of pretentious cultism.
228 total views
– (2018) – Three dorks pledge a fraternity that takes hazing to high levels of depravity. The overall plot and some violent inclusions are okay, but those areas, and all others, are crippled by the horrid acting from all participants involved. Could have been better if made by more capable hands.
192 total views
– (2019) – A mysterious woman with a bland personality lays waste to those involved in a torture ring. Lacks the intrigue and dry humor of He Never Died, and instead provides too much evil mugging from the lead actress alongside bad comic relief. Dull, cheerless, and lacking any sort of meaning.
204 total views
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
319 total views
– (2019) – A man is summoned to his father’s house for reasons that are far from standard. Starts of well-enough, but around the mid-point starts throwing around too many oddball situations, and none are particularly engaging. Certainly unpredictable, but too scattered to fully grip.
185 total views
– (2004) – A small group of strangers struggle to escape from a series of boxes while engineers try to keep them contained. Only distinct from the previous entries in that we leave confined compounds, but the scenes outside the squares are equally inept. Has a great opening shot of grue, but all else is stale and uneventful.
319 total views
– (2019) – Notorious serial killers reassemble to continue their deviant ways. The first hour is an absolute riot that builds on the lore of the main cast while furthering their inventive insanity. The second half, however, merely mimics the third act of The Devil’s Rejects. Still, there are plenty of reasons to rejoice over the resurgence of characters who are at their best when behaving their worst.
853 total views
– (2019) – High school kids befriend a woman who lets them party in her basement, but she gradually becomes too involved in their lives. Works best when laying out insanity, but some occurrences are a bit on the silly side. The major problem is the antagonist’s motive, which doesn’t necessitate the brutal outcome.
536 total views, 1 views today