– (2018) – A young bride gradually learns of her domestic role while locked up in her wealthy husband’s estate. Creates a mystery with developments worth investing time in, but by the mid-point the crawling pace becomes a nagging hindrance. A quicker stride would have helped, as too many plot points are narrated at a near-whisper. Decent concept, dull execution.
46 total views
– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
397 total views, 6 views today
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
76 total views, 2 views today
– (1974) – Two scientists research ants that have turned against humanity. An unbelievably dull documentary-style outing that might only impress ant enthusiasts. There’s barely a plot, barely any characters, and barely a reason to see it through to the end.
109 total views, 1 views today
– (2016) – After escaping Hell, a devious clown hosts a talk show before realizing he should leave Earth. Has so much going on that any accurate description might take pages, yet the maniacal structure is the saving grace. Incredibly ambitious for something shot on the cheap, and has aspirations to please fans of pure lunacy.
110 total views
– (2019) – Soldiers travel to a moon of Mars to prevent demons from bringing hell to Earth. Little more than an Aliens clone with possessed scientists and unimpressive creatures in place of memorable enemies. Too murky in appearance and too dopey in execution to take seriously.
123 total views
– (1991) – CIA personnel take on mutants and terrorists in suburbia. Hard to tell what exactly is happening, since the editing is too sporadic when scenes don’t endlessly drag. Seems to have amused those involved, but for the rest of us this is pure torture.
134 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Ocean researches become trapped miles beneath the surface when their rig is destroyed. On top of escape they also battle a monster. Gets off to an exciting and tense start, but gradually becomes repetitive and dull. Manages some suspense toward the end, but there’s little danger felt for the characters since all we know about them are thin backstories.
151 total views
– (1971) – A king’s brain is placed into the body of a hulking dimwit, prompting him to go on a minor spree of violence. Has a lot going on, yet is still pretty drab since these occurrences are all over the place. This is quite a mess, but does have enough goofiness and varied horror devices to make it (mostly) easy to get through.
124 total views, 1 views today
– (1995) – A man who injects himself with werewolf blood is later experimented on with hardening skin. Disturbing in that the main subject is always writhing in pain, but much of everything else is rather dry. Has too small a cast, meaning too low a body count, but manages some goofy terror.
384 total views, 2 views today