– (2021) – Kong is released from his habitat to protect humans against Godzilla, while a new enemy aims for supremacy. The human characters are worthless, which is expected, but the biggest problem is that the monster battles have no stakes. The CGI mayhem is fairly decent when it does arise, but it’s still just CGI mayhem that lacks any sort of tension since it simply doesn’t matter who wins or loses.
78 total views, 3 views today
– (1986) – A spaceship carrying a female rock band crash lands on a desolate planet, leaving them to deal with a stowaway mutant. There’s virtually no plot to discuss, as moments that barely cohere come and go without any noticeable progress. The ’80s vibe is high, but the original songs are far from memorable.
94 total views
– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
127 total views
– (2020) – A woman is transported into the minds of others to carry out assassination missions. On the plus side, this continuously makes you wonder what’s happening. On the minus side, none of the answers are gratifying. The concept is intriguing, but the execution is plagued by a sluggish pace and what feels like forced confusion. The violence is effective, though.
159 total views
– (2020) – Enhanced Graboid spawns make trouble for an island inhabited by trophy hunters. A pretty dry and overlong entry in a series that simply doesn’t need to progress anymore. Never outright bad, but it’s too stale overall, from familiar jokes to familiar monster activity.
450 total views
– (2010) – A woman is stalked by her thought-dead ex, but he’s actually become invisible. A pretty decent drama laced with horror inclusions that range from mildly intense to mildly silly. A bit dry and a little too long, but does involve throughout and has some noteworthy twists.
181 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – A large group of people appear in a small room where they’re picked off by an unknown source every few minutes. Spends 99.9% of its time focusing on lousy actors who shout rancid dialog in what’s little more than a Saw VI clone. A trivial and irritating drag that’s devoid of any talent.
569 total views
– (2018) – A young bride gradually learns of her domestic role while locked up in her wealthy husband’s estate. Creates a mystery with developments worth investing time in, but by the mid-point the crawling pace becomes a nagging hindrance. A quicker stride would have helped, as too many plot points are narrated at a near-whisper. Decent concept, dull execution.
218 total views
– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
905 total views
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
230 total views