– (1980) – Experiments on crabs to make them grow faster backfires when they become aggressive and/or tremendous. Though it’s hard to fear an enemy that moves so slow, the overall silliness of the terror they inflict is rather amusing. Has moments of cheesy fun, but this also suffers from a lot of sluggish downtime.
41 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A disgraced rescue diver attempts to save a deep sea crew from a massive shark. A long, rambling chore that isn’t unlike any other cliche riddled SyFy channel monster movie, only this one somehow garnered a massive budget, none of which focused on the script. A colossal bore with vacant characters and bland action.
25 total views, no views today
– (2018) – Giant monsters invade Earth with aid from corporate scum, and it’s up to youth-controlled robots to bring them down. Exactly on par with the first film, from rancid dialog to slapdash action to the feeling that a lot of money was wasted during production. An obnoxious, empty headed children’s movie.
32 total views, no views today
– (2012) – A young scientist brings his dog back to life, sparking an influx of resurrection mayhem. Has a whimsical and emotional beginning, but gradually piles on too many subplots that distract from the heart of the story. Innovative and busy, but lacks focus which ultimately harms the sentimental depths.
25 total views, no views today
– (2018) – Those who intend to end shark storms travel through time in order to save humankind. Despite the busy structure and occasional brushes with humor, the sense that this has all been seen before is overwhelming. Nothing occurs that didn’t already transpire in previous entries of this mostly awful series.
31 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A few dinosaurs are rescued from a volcanic realm while a newly constructed breed makes trouble in a facility. Peaks 30-minutes in after an exciting lava chase, but the rest is a contest in which means less: the stale plot or the stale characters. Has some dark moments, but when the only sympathy is geared toward CGI monsters, something is seriously wrong.
24 total views, no views today
– (2018) – Scientists in an underwater research facility fight for their lives against flooding and sharks. A veritable blueprint of the first film, so much so that this is far more a remake than a sequel. A failure in either regard, as this lacks the corn that made the original memorable and fun.
29 total views, no views today
– (2015) – Two mermaids become nightclub singers and fall for (or murder) humans. There’s virtually no character development, as most of the subtitles are dedicated to awful song lyrics. The storytelling is quietly poetic, however, and enjoyment is gradually reached. Sometimes difficult to withstand, yet often hard to look away from.
33 total views, no views today
– (2015) – A group of people go head to head to head against a tri-noggin shark. Has all the makings of a bad-on-purpose movie, but is too drop dead dull to elicit any fun. Has amusing spots, but pretty much stinks overall.
26 total views, no views today
– (2017) – A mute woman falls for a creature the government is holding captive as a means to win the space race. Certainly unusual, and does a great job creating sympathy for the central characters. For every moment of wonder, however, there are those of silliness and predictability. A B-movie with art house sensibilities.
27 total views, no views today