– (2020) – Ocean researches become trapped miles beneath the surface when their rig is destroyed. On top of escape they also battle a monster. Gets off to an exciting and tense start, but gradually becomes repetitive and dull. Manages some suspense toward the end, but there’s little danger felt for the characters since all we know about them are thin backstories.
100 total views
– (2019) – Four young women become trapped underwater when sharks invade the cave they’re exploring. Won’t win awards for character development or dialog, but does create some claustrophobic tension throughout. Never too bright, though, and the final five minutes are especially ludicrous.
96 total views
– (2019) – A lighthouse keeper and his new assistant come to blows over matters of isolation and lunacy. Well-regarded for the stark cinematography and wonderful performances, and deservedly so. However, despite how this looks, there’s not much to feel when dealing with human emotion. Expertly crafted, but a bit hollow.
135 total views
– (1980) – Experiments on crabs to make them grow faster backfires when they become aggressive and/or tremendous. Though it’s hard to fear an enemy that moves so slow, the overall silliness of the terror they inflict is rather amusing. Has moments of cheesy fun, but this also suffers from a lot of sluggish downtime.
138 total views, 2 views today
– (2018) – A disgraced rescue diver attempts to save a deep sea crew from a massive shark. A long, rambling chore that isn’t unlike any other cliche riddled SyFy channel monster movie, only this one somehow garnered a massive budget, none of which focused on the script. A colossal bore with vacant characters and bland action.
92 total views
– (2018) – Giant monsters invade Earth with aid from corporate scum, and it’s up to youth-controlled robots to bring them down. Exactly on par with the first film, from rancid dialog to slapdash action to the feeling that a lot of money was wasted during production. An obnoxious, empty headed children’s movie.
104 total views, 1 views today
– (2012) – A young scientist brings his dog back to life, sparking an influx of resurrection mayhem. Has a whimsical and emotional beginning, but gradually piles on too many subplots that distract from the heart of the story. Innovative and busy, but lacks focus which ultimately harms the sentimental depths.
88 total views
– (2018) – Those who intend to end shark storms travel through time in order to save humankind. Despite the busy structure and occasional brushes with humor, the sense that this has all been seen before is overwhelming. Nothing occurs that didn’t already transpire in previous entries of this mostly awful series.
97 total views
– (2018) – A few dinosaurs are rescued from a volcanic realm while a newly constructed breed makes trouble in a facility. Peaks 30-minutes in after an exciting lava chase, but the rest is a contest in which means less: the stale plot or the stale characters. Has some dark moments, but when the only sympathy is geared toward CGI monsters, something is seriously wrong.
102 total views
– (2018) – Scientists in an underwater research facility fight for their lives against flooding and sharks. A veritable blueprint of the first film, so much so that this is far more a remake than a sequel. A failure in either regard, as this lacks the corn that made the original memorable and fun.
90 total views