– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
99 total views
– (2018) – A shark from a comic book ends up in shallow waters at Christmastime, and only the creator can end its reign. A deeply ridiculous outing that seems to have been built around the title, despite an appalling lack of holiday atmosphere. Still, it’s moderately fun and has an acceptable amount of cheesy charm.
152 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Pretty much the same movie as the 1990 original, but suffers in comparison thanks to an overreliance of CGI and an overall lack of dark morbidity. Moves fast, but covers no new ground.
246 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
173 total views
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
360 total views
– (2003) – A masked killer is picking off a close knit group of strippers. Doesn’t do anything not seen in any other cop drama or slasher, but few are as amusing for reasons both good and bad. On one hand there’s gore and plenty of nudity, but there’s also a high abundance of amateurish ridiculousness. Far from great, but entertains.
154 total views
– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
181 total views
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
201 total views
– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
362 total views, 1 views today
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
1,099 total views, 1 views today