– (2002) – A small party is invaded by diabolical puppets of Satan. Strives for a campy edge by staging itself as a live action cartoon, but nothing is remotely funny nor engaging on any level. Characters are types, while the obnoxious villains wear out nerves in a hurry.
28 total views, 17 views today
– (2007) – Treasure hunters become stranded on an island inhabited by treasure-protecting zombies. Barely anything put forth is new, and the backstory is stolen from The Fog, but there’s a bonkers approach to this that works throughout. An assembly of stupid ideas persist, yet there’s more than enough horror and cheese to appeal to fans of so-bad-it’s-good movies.
80 total views, no views today
– (2015) – A small group of men and women form a search party in the woods, only to end up the prey of a legendary monster. A lagging bore with few locations, a nonsensical story, and stereotypical characters. There’s enough gore to call this horror, but the monster is surprisingly never seen outside feathers and close-ups of an eye and a foot. Makes less sense as it goes.
98 total views, 1 views today
– (2016) – A rather old-looking high school student becomes a monstrous rodent when he’s aroused. Attempts to provide the cheese of 50’s monster movies, while heaping in a ton modern corn, and has its heart set on entertaining us in this manner. The problem is that the results range from incredibly lame to incredibly unfunny. Tries a little too hard to come across as offbeat.
86 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – The students of Tromaville High continue to contend with radioactive adversaries of the mutant kind. The story is all over the place and never makes sense, but by now the plot in this series is hardly a cause for concern. This is the zaniest and most ludicrous of the bunch, and has some truly hysterical moments perhaps only Troma fans will recognize.
101 total views, no views today
– (2018) – A highly dysfunctional family turns to murder during a Christmas dinner party. Has plenty of violent zaniness, but the characters are so over the top in their regular deficiencies that their rise to insanity is barely noticed. Only the lead female comes close to commendable, as everyone else is repugnant out of the gate. Easy to get through, but once will do.
92 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A bride is hunted on her wedding night by the groom’s sadistic family. While the concept holds the promise of unique fun, anything put forth is rendered meaningless since there are virtually no characters worth relating to, the lead included. The ample gore is appreciated, but the pace tends to drag and the humor isn’t nearly as funny as intended.
217 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A woman who casts spells of affection on men is prone to take matters to deadly lengths. Has a distinct look that gives off a vintage vibe, but the story becomes stale in a hurry. Enough happens to help keep eyes open (sometimes wide open) but the plot crawls to a drab finish.
83 total views, no views today
– (1984) – Theater employees deal with the mysterious return of a killer who once stalked the same locale. Barely has a plot, as this is mainly built on random events in and outside the titular setting. Attempts humor, but isn’t the least bit funny. The horror, on the other hand, is laughable.
65 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A pizza delivery girl becomes the target of a Satanic cult that’s in need of a virginal sacrifice. Attempts zaniness at every turn, yet usually comes across as disjointed and unfunny. Moves fast and doesn’t last long, but misses the mark in both horror and camp by trying too hard to pass off the mundane plot as a silly comedy.
121 total views, no views today