– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
67 total views
– (2020) – A young man who once survived a murderous cult contends with their resurrected members. Has a terribly unfunny first half hour, but once the blood kicks in so too does moderate fun. Sloppy and manic, but has a few commendable moments, though most are highly improbable and/or corny.
77 total views
– (2016) – Donuts mixed with radiation come to life and kill people. The concept is played as dumb as it sounds, but the irritating characters never allow fun to creep in. Sounds like enjoyable garbage, but the typical drama meshed with atypical stupidity annoys far more than it entertains.
257 total views
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
716 total views
– (1998) – A family that embraces darkness reunite with relatives who embrace money. Does what it can to mimic the deadpan humor and cleverness of the first two films, but by now that well has run dry. This is all about gags, since the plot is too thin to commend, and though none are particularly funny, some offer amusement.
112 total views
– (2018) – A pastor who can turn into a dinosaur fights off ninjas who strive for world domination. Just as dumb as it sounds, yet comes close to working for its strange blend of seriousness and corn. Has a few brushes with gore that help, and at only 76-minutes never overstays its ludicrous welcome.
120 total views
– (1990) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Mostly obnoxious at first, and always remains awkward, but does provide some fun moments once the kid becomes a rodent. A strange blend of horror and kiddie fodder, but it always holds interest and reasons to see it through to the end.
123 total views
– (2019) – A trio of friends are killing people in the name of religion, until their plans are thwarted by another trio of friends. Has a great first half that sets up its scenario well with solid acting, solid atmosphere, and solid twists. The second half comes close to losing its way on several occasions, yet always finds a means to steer itself back on course. Uneven, but enjoyable.
128 total views
– (1991) – A banker and a lawyer on their way to Atlantic City are picked up for aggressive driving and forced to stay in a dark funhouse run by a decrepit judge. A pretty lousy experience as far as storytelling goes, but it’s manic enough to make for an easy watch. Often makes little to no sense, and squanders a great cast.
130 total views
– (2017) – A small crew filming a zombie movie come under attack from real zombies. Or do they? The first 37-minutes is comprised of one shot that, while impressive, is still just a zombie flick. The real magic rests in the final hour, as the fabricated showing of real-time events amuses more than the opening gimmick. Unique and often hilarious, but tends to drag in spots.
184 total views