– (2004) – A young woman is abducted by a twisted family that can seemingly alter reality. An odd concoction of obnoxious characters and over-the-top antics that’s probably best enjoyed on heavy drugs. Forgotten not because it’s atypical, but because it tries too hard to come across as offbeat while lacking any merit in story or characters.
9 total views, 9 views today
– (2014) – A perverted ape and a murderous yeti enter the same realm with violent/depraved results. There aren’t a lot of story points, but plenty of raunchy lines and gags throughout. A few laughs are had, but the ultimate saving grace is the short length and fast pace.
136 total views, 6 views today
– (2020) – A group of friends travel to a farm where murders that occurred 33 years ago suddenly appear again. There isn’t much of a plot to speak of, but there are some mild pleasures in the cheap gore and unexpected humor. Reeks of amateurishness, which is all part of the Z-grade charm.
100 total views
– (2001) – A perverted ape and his human sidekick take on a few vampires. There’s not much of a story here, but plenty of (mostly lame) jokes and bloodshed. Funny in spots, but never due to anything that will live in comedic lore, though Teen Ape does offer a few sleazy amusements.
96 total views, 7 views today
– (1986) – A spaceship carrying a female rock band crash lands on a desolate planet, leaving them to deal with a stowaway mutant. There’s virtually no plot to discuss, as moments that barely cohere come and go without any noticeable progress. The ’80s vibe is high, but the original songs are far from memorable.
94 total views
– (2021) – A man is bribed into cleaning up an abandoned children’s restaurant only to find that the animatronics within come to life. On the surface this sounds like zany fun, but the zaniness becomes briskly repetitive while the fun is lost to a lumbering pace. An all around bore, but the biggest concern is why anyone would hire the almighty Nicolas Cage only to give him nothing to do but punch oversized toys and play pinball.
183 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
127 total views
– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
150 total views
– (2018) – A shark from a comic book ends up in shallow waters at Christmastime, and only the creator can end its reign. A deeply ridiculous outing that seems to have been built around the title, despite an appalling lack of holiday atmosphere. Still, it’s moderately fun and has an acceptable amount of cheesy charm.
227 total views
– (2020) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Pretty much the same movie as the 1990 original, but suffers in comparison thanks to an overreliance of CGI and an overall lack of dark morbidity. Moves fast, but covers no new ground.
368 total views