– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
58 total views
– (2019) – A troubled young woman believes her dead mother is in her phone, and violently goes off the deep end. Won’t win awards for character depth, as only the lead actress is drawn, but there is some enjoyment thanks to a brisk pace and bloody instances. The conclusion, while preposterous, is somehow more bonkers than the set-up.
107 total views
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
331 total views
– (2019) – Four sort-of-friends visit a prison where a nun who once murdered inmates returns to continue killing. A dull disaster that has neither a commendable lead nor a threatening villain. Consists mainly of characters who sit around before they’re picked off in cheap manners.
139 total views
– (2003) – A masked killer is picking off a close knit group of strippers. Doesn’t do anything not seen in any other cop drama or slasher, but few are as amusing for reasons both good and bad. On one hand there’s gore and plenty of nudity, but there’s also a high abundance of amateurish ridiculousness. Far from great, but entertains.
123 total views
– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
146 total views
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
963 total views
– (2018) – A couple celebrating their first wedding anniversary come to blows when one proves she’s a lunatic. Never does anything ground breaking or unusual, but is instead a tale with a few turns that don’t mean much against empty characters. Well made, but the script could have used some fleshing out.
138 total views
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
277 total views
– (2019) – A trio of friends are killing people in the name of religion, until their plans are thwarted by another trio of friends. Has a great first half that sets up its scenario well with solid acting, solid atmosphere, and solid twists. The second half comes close to losing its way on several occasions, yet always finds a means to steer itself back on course. Uneven, but enjoyable.
161 total views