– (2007) – Just about everything goes wrong on a horror movie shoot, including a death. Moves fast and has a manic structure that keep boredom from surfacing. The problem, however, is there’s hardly a story, most of the comedy is amusing at best, and there are too few horror elements.
62 total views, 2 views today
– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
713 total views, 2 views today
– (2018) – A couple celebrating their first wedding anniversary come to blows when one proves she’s a lunatic. Never does anything ground breaking or unusual, but is instead a tale with a few turns that don’t mean much against empty characters. Well made, but the script could have used some fleshing out.
103 total views
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
234 total views
– (2019) – A trio of friends are killing people in the name of religion, until their plans are thwarted by another trio of friends. Has a great first half that sets up its scenario well with solid acting, solid atmosphere, and solid twists. The second half comes close to losing its way on several occasions, yet always finds a means to steer itself back on course. Uneven, but enjoyable.
127 total views
– (1987) – A former Vietnam vet with PTSD vacations with his wife and friends over what he fears most, water, while a killer picks them off. An unabashedly absurd outing with laughs in the wrong places and groans aplenty. Has some gore, but also unnecessary narration and brain dead logic. That no one can figure out who the killer is on a twenty foot boat is nothing short of ridiculous.
271 total views
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
140 total views, 2 views today
– (1988) – A gambler with financial issues also has a problem with not killing people. There isn’t much of a story taking place, but enough happens to hold attention throughout. While the gore is expected of Fulci, the humor is not, but some spots are actually pretty funny.
130 total views
– (1980) – A woman who’s raped by four men gradually goes bonkers and exacts revenge on those she believes are her abusers. Has a dramatic start and a bleak final third, but the middle is too bogged down by post-rape antics straight out of a low-level Lifetime movie. Lacks the impact of violence, as the initial assault and eventual deaths are rather tame.
134 total views
– (2007) – A masked killer is laying waste to anyone having sex with another or themselves. The main agenda is to come as close to pornography as possible without receiving a XXX rating. While overly perverted, this does have some story progression and an ambitious strive to entertain.
113 total views, 1 views today