– (1987) – A former Vietnam vet with PTSD vacations with his wife and friends over what he fears most, water, while a killer picks them off. An unabashedly absurd outing with laughs in the wrong places and groans aplenty. Has some gore, but also unnecessary narration and brain dead logic. That no one can figure out who the killer is on a twenty foot boat is nothing short of ridiculous.
112 total views, 1 views today
– (2013) – A murderous cookie seeks out the woman who possessed him and crosses paths with a female bong. Though the short length is padded with flashbacks and lingering weed store scenes, some of what occurs is pretty decent on a B-movie level. Never out and out funny, but worthy of a chuckle here and there.
91 total views
– (1988) – A gambler with financial issues also has a problem with not killing people. There isn’t much of a story taking place, but enough happens to hold attention throughout. While the gore is expected of Fulci, the humor is not, but some spots are actually pretty funny.
87 total views
– (1980) – A woman who’s raped by four men gradually goes bonkers and exacts revenge on those she believes are her abusers. Has a dramatic start and a bleak final third, but the middle is too bogged down by post-rape antics straight out of a low-level Lifetime movie. Lacks the impact of violence, as the initial assault and eventual deaths are rather tame.
91 total views
– (2007) – A masked killer is laying waste to anyone having sex with another or themselves. The main agenda is to come as close to pornography as possible without receiving a XXX rating. While overly perverted, this does have some story progression and an ambitious strive to entertain.
73 total views
– (1990) – A cop investigates an underground S&M ring with ties to murder. Almost feels like a real movie when briefly exploring man’s lust for sex and violence, but those parts come and go too quickly. Most of this is repetitive, whether dealing with the murders or watching a cop wander around while bad music plays in the background.
69 total views
– (2020) – A group of girls are stranded in woods where a masked killer and his mother kill or abduct them. Never very good, but it’s light years better than others in this cruddy series by at least attempting stupidity at every turn. Cheap even by dirt standards, but does entertain from time to time.
187 total views
– (2016) – The son of a murderer and his stoner friend hide from controversy in a small town, but are uncovered and blamed for new murders. A bad experience in that very few jokes are funny, despite attempting the zany vibe of the Scary Movie franchise. Has energy, but nothing worth remembering.
107 total views
– (2020) – A bullied teen makes a deal with a Greek myth to obliterate her wrongdoers. Opens eyes during moments of gore, but this is mostly dragged down by typical teenage shenanigans of the annoying variety. Piled high with horror devices that have been unoriginal for decades, and the look of the killer is cheap.
360 total views
– (1987) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a lonely murderer, a greedy thief, carnival lust, and young Civil War survivors. While none of the tales make much sense, each has its own creepy vibe and some violent moments that are hard to shake. A dark, atmospheric, and bloody good time that ends with a truly humorous line.
186 total views