– (2022) – A guy who’s dressed as a clown is out and about murdering people on Halloween. That’s about it. There’s something of a story regarding a small family, but it’s just flimsy glue to hold the gore scenes together. A 138-minute excursion that’s billed as a wall-to-wall splatterfest, but most of this is padded with never ending scenes of ordinary characters going through ordinary motions.
1,525 total views, 9 views today
– (2022) – The relationship between two young women falls apart when one of them ventures into the woods and returns possessed. Gets off to a fun start, with colorful characters enjoying life amid a great soundtrack. Once the possession angle sets in, however, so too does boredom . The zaniness gradually becomes repetitive and too reminiscent of similar (and better) tales. Aims for an emotional conclusion, but misses the mark.
1,690 total views, 17 views today
– (2022) – A young man who accidentally kills a child on Halloween night is later driven insane by unforgiving townsfolk. Oh, and Michael Myers appears from time to time. An obvious tribute to Halloween III, in which Myers is absent, that focuses on the plights of a new villain. As a character study this is okay, but as a series finale this is a huge disappointment. Credit is due for trying something new, but the end result is a gruesome mess that leaves a legend in the shadows.
1,978 total views, 9 views today
– (1992) – Sultry women lure in dimwitted men so their matriarch can turn them into food. The idea is okay on the surface, and there’s enough cheese and eye candy to hold attention, but good luck making sense of anything. Purposefully outrageous, but not something one would call captivating.
1,581 total views, 7 views today
– (2022) – A recovering drug addict steals a box that summons demons, much to the chagrin of her friends and family. An overlong slog that crawls through a thin plot with few advancements and fewer areas of intrigue. The characters are types, the cenobites look like rubber, while the chain-related violence has been seen before. Further proof that the original trilogy can never be matched. Ever.
1,287 total views, 8 views today
your a-z guide to obscure & classic horror movies
– (2019) – A family relocates to a town near ancient grounds that can return life to the deceased. Seems to have been created for the sole purpose of playing against the original film, but in doing so creates unpredictability in characters and their grim plights. Sometimes uneven, but more often that not will shred nerves and provoke emotions.
2,778 total views, 4 views today
– (2018) – A woman summons an evil force to protect her village against outsiders, but he turns out a little too evil. While the production values are rock solid, the story is not. The biggest problem is the lack of a connective emotion between the conjured child and his mother, which the conclusion relies on heavily for meaningful impact. Not a hard watch, but hollow.
1,742 total views, 3 views today
– (2007) – A family of hillbillies act like idiots when they’re not killing. A horror/comedy with only sprinkles of gore and laughs. Hard to say what it’s aiming for, as the outcome suggests irrelevance.
1,961 total views, 5 views today
– (2015) – Big wasps become bigger wasps when they bore into humans and tear their way out. A small scale outing that mainly features a few characters trying to outlast a monster invasion from within a mansion. The cutesy banter between the leads is as familiar as the mayhem around them, but some jokes work and the pace is brisk.
1,985 total views, 5 views today
– (2011) – Friends on a road trip are detoured by crows and living scarecrows. Some ideas are appreciative, and the overall story is fueled by horror, but nothing means much since the characters are so typical. Means well, but lacks suspense and reason.
2,155 total views, 7 views today
– (1980) – A mysterious woman, a black cat, and the undead make trouble for people who are often naked. Doesn’t have much a plot to talk about, as this is more concerned with occasional sex scenes, some of which are hardcore. Don’t get excited, though, those scenes are as bland as everything else.
3,026 total views, 4 views today
– (2005) – A reality show is filmed on the grounds where the previous entries took place and, sure enough, someone in a clown mask is picking everyone off. Attempts something unique (for the time), but still succumbs to the same low-budget trappings that destroys its independent credibility. A humorless, goreless, careless waste of time.
2,508 total views, 3 views today
– (1998) – An irritating roommate is accidentally killed, and returns to continue ruining human lives. Moderately funny when dealing with the namesake’s annoyances, but that’s pretty much all this offers. The comedy wears thin, the horror is lousy, and anything resembling a point is non-existent.
1,997 total views, 8 views today