– (2016) – An average guy starts dating a horror movie actress who happens to be a werewolf. Has some decent moments when dealing with the love story, but the rest of the plot is muddled and illogical. Drags to the point of inciting rage, but does manage some genuine humor.
208 total views
– (2008) – Rival skiers compete for the domination of a hill while one of them becomes a wolf. A spoof of an already lame movie that does little but exploit ’80s sport cliches. A Chris Sever letdown as too many lines are repeated from other entries and too many once-humorous mannerisms now amount to nothing.
228 total views
– (1986) – An engaged couple spends the night in a creepy manor with their creepier relatives. The humor was outdated then, and is absolutely ancient now. Never funny, and never provides a reason to care about the outcome of any singular character or event. It’s short, though.
189 total views
– (2016) – A vampire in a shiny leather coat aims to stop her kind from fighting werewolves in shiny leather coats. Yet another preposterous, pompous, and pretentious entry in a never-ending series that continues to take itself too seriously despite a severe lack of originality. Bloated CGI mumbo jumbo for an audience that couldn’t possible be asking for more entries.
202 total views, 1 views today
– (1980) – A married couple having car trouble happen upon a manor that contains werewolf children. A dull slog that shows characters constantly talking, but not nearly enough of the horror they speak of. Ends on a predictable note that’s just as tiresome and the preceding moments.
181 total views
– (2014) – A big-hearted country girl returns home to find unexpected strangeness… notably a werewolf. The lead actress pulls off cutesy naivety as long as she can before the cute turns sour. Works best when not knowing what’s going on, since the explanations are cold and empty. Feels like an audition reel gone awry.
175 total views
– (2008) – A man in glasses tries to steal a crest ring from vampires in bad wigs. A pathetic concoction of pointless farting, pitiful gore, and plentiful cameltoes. Hasn’t a plot to speak of, while the cheap locations suggest a two-day shoot.
203 total views
– (2014) – An alcoholic officer of the law is also a violent shape-shifter. Has some truly maniacal and gruesome moments, and a decent amount of humor, but by the end becomes too wrapped up in a substandard plot. Moves faster than necessary, but does have fun moments.
200 total views
– (1996) – A young woman believes she can become a wolf, but most people around her are skeptical. Moves slow and steady with character plights worth following. Grows tedious by the end, which is surprising since this is the condensed version of a mini-series.
180 total views
– (2014) – A film crew documents the lives of ancient vampires as they cope with the modern world. Brilliantly exploits every notion of the undead (and reality shows) in laugh-out-loud fashion. Focuses on a variety of observational jokes that destroy the pompous seriousness of the genres in question. One of a kind.
248 total views