– (2018) – A group of friends attend a festival of fabricated frights, only to find someone authentically stalking them. The premise has the makings of a decent slasher, but the output is too irritating and dopey to hold in higher regard. Gets dimmer as it goes and becomes too predictable to offer any true frights.
107 total views
– (2018) – An emotionally pulverized Laurie Strode helps her estranged family outlast the lunatic who ruined her life. Does a great job catching up with the original’s heroine, as we’re invested in her plight from the start. Some advancements aren’t logical, and the pace isn’t pinpoint, but Michael Myers is in top diabolical form and there’s plenty of tension spread throughout.
171 total views
– (2017) – Old people quest to save young people from the ghostly terrors of a Halloween party. The characters are deplorable, and the plot is flimsy beyond belief, but unlike the previous entry this one actually has Halloween atmosphere. Ambitious and fast paced in the last half, but it’s never funny, never original, and never believable.
110 total views
– (2016) – A pain in the ass “woman” who intends to shut down a frat party is haunted by “her” foes. Has virtually nothing to do with Halloween, and far more to do with family values. Sort of has a plot at first, but resorts to one preachy rant after another and provides nothing but ancient lessons.
110 total views
– (2018) – A killer freed on a technicality is lynched, but returns to settle the score. A by-the-numbers slasher film with all the elements you’d expect from sub-par horror. What sinks this is the dialog, which tries to convey plot and emotion but comes across as rambling.
112 total views
– (2017) – A clown terrorizes a few people on Halloween night. There’s not much of a plot, or any distinct characters, as the sole purpose is to disgust. Though the violence can be over-the-top, there are some cringeworthy moments that serve as the film’s saving grace.
129 total views, 2 views today
– (1991) – A geek is coaxed into entering a haunted house attraction that contains an escaped killer. The concept holds promise, but the execution has no idea whether it wants to provide thrills or comedy, and ends up featuring neither. Taking place on Halloween helps, but nothing that occurs holds any weight.
108 total views
– (2016) – A group of friends tread upon a forbidden barn on Halloween and face the dire consequences. Allegedly takes place in 1989, but aside from some lingo this looks pretty modern. Has some okay gore, but anything dealing with character drama is awful.
119 total views
– (1985) – A high school student looking to lose his virginity is bitten by a female vampire who won’t leave him alone. Moves incredibly fast and has plenty of outlandish moments, but the humor is rather stale and the plot too flimsy to worry about. Shows signs of Jim Carrey’s bright future, but here he’s as underplayed as all the other characters.
97 total views
– (2015) – Anthology of eight stories that focus on pumpkin seeds, doomsday, a meat sacrifice, a wrongful death, a carnival game, a frightened kid, a chubby murderer, and an online ghost. Very few stories have any Halloween atmosphere, and most every tale has no direction or purpose. Woefully acted, nonsensical, and horribly constructed.
90 total views, 1 views today