– (2017) – Partygoers become stranded in the desert realm of an ancient, murderous tribe. On the upside, a lot happens at a brisk pace. On the downside, nothing that happens is very enjoyable as the obnoxiousness reaches high levels of irritation. The violence and sleaze are okay, but there’s an awful lot of yelling, screaming, and music played at equal volume.
– (2017) – A young woman inadvertently summons a pissed off ghost and wades through one haunting after another. While this does have solid attempts at horror, none ever take hold since they’re always visions without consequences. Worst of all is the rampant stupidity, as characters seem to beg to be put in harm’s way.
– (2017) – A married couple moves into a house with a demonic secret, and quickly fall victim to its quirky designs. Gets off to a hilarious start, which sets the stage for the kooky shenanigans that follow. Won’t win over anyone who wants logic with their characters, but they do provide an awful lot of fun.
– (2017) – A small family moves into a notorious house only to find their invalid brother/son possessed by evil forces. Does what it can to link itself to the original film, but still isn’t any better than the slew of crap with “Amityville” in the title. There’s worse in this lame series, if you can call it a series, but this one turns anything potentially frightening into corn.
– (2014) – Newlyweds vacationing in secluded woods run into trouble when the wife begins acting irrationally after strange marks appear on her body. Starts off a tad too cutesy, but gradually builds into something where anything cute has no place. A strange, gripping tale with unusual and tense advancements.