– (2018) – A zombie outbreak forces high school students to face the trials and tribulations of a vicious world. Begins as an ambitious musical with a few catchy tunes, but gradually forgets to include songs and focuses too much on common zombie tropes and a useless human villain subplot. Hits a few high notes, but ends flat despite emotional strives.
130 total views
– (2018) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a twisted office party, demon knights, yuletide psychosis, a vengeful reindeer, and an alternate reality. The black box theater setup is different, but the stories themselves are bland and uninspiring. Most stories have no resolution, making this feel like a collection of thrown away ideas.
121 total views
– (2018) – Three scantily clad chicks and Santa Claus battle Krampus on Christmas Eve. While this is zany and fast moving enough to warrant a decent time, it’s not nearly funny as it wants to be. Piles on a ton of jokes and plot scenarios, but by the end is merely a serviceable comedy with unmet aspirations.
117 total views
– (2017) – A toy elf terrorizes an extremely small family to finish some sort of mischievous cycle. Despite showing signs of life toward the end, getting there is a total drag mainly because no actor seems eager to be working on this project. A drab experience with horror inclusions that could easily be avoided.
124 total views
– (2018) – People added to a naughty list are picked off by those possessed by a toy elf. Begins with a scene featuring the worst child actors ever put to film, and somehow gets worse from there. An incoherent mess with unfocused advancements, pitiful murders, and irritating smirks that rip off Truth or Dare. Absolutely miserable.
746 total views, 2 views today
– (2018) – Someone’s murdering college students in a frat house during a Christmas party. Has a shoddy story and some terrible acting, but does have a pulse and features a few gruesome murders. Far from perfect, yet manages to entertain by adding personable characters who die often.
814 total views
– (2018) – Troubled young women performing community service on Christmas Eve end up working in the house of a killer. Gets off to an atrocious start, as a few characters are obnoxious beyond belief, but eventually settles into a dull rhythm of mediocrity. Horror doesn’t hit until after the hour mark, which doesn’t help matters.
974 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – A witch doles out revenge against the family that wronged her many moons ago. The horror inclusions aren’t great, but they’re a hell of a lot more convincing than the drama. The acting is the pits, and every character is a wretched invention. Plus, there’s no Krampus.
135 total views, 1 views today
– (2016) – A dysfunctional family on Christmas vacation encounter a killer demon. Manages to create a few distinct characters amid dramatic situations, but nothing ever rises above typical. The story is rather pitiful, but some of the gore and sleaze are okay.
804 total views
– (2018) – Orphans at odds with each other eventually face off against a demon who’s bent on wiping out humans. Has some horror activity toward the end, but getting there is troublesome and not worth the wait. The editing is flimsy, the acting isn’t on par with the era, and the pace is abominably slow.
106 total views, 1 views today