– (1990) – Anthology of three stories that focus on a filmmaker terrorized by his creations, an anchorwoman terrorized by a hit and run victim, and a veteran terrorized by a dead soldier. The second story is by far the highlight, as it features some nifty (if not cheesy) creativity. The other two stories are rather pointless and pathetic, but they at least try to entertain.
98 total views, 2 views today
– (1988) – An abused child once plagued by visions of ghosts sees them again in her “stable” adulthood. Tries building a credible mystery in a ghostly city landscape, but good luck not comparing this to The Sentinel. Far from unique, but does offer some horror attempts and quite a few nude scenes.
80 total views, no views today
– (1989) – A family on Christmas vacation encounter a deadly cult in a Midwestern ghost town. Plods through mundane events at an even pace, and barely holds interest despite some evil happenings. Christmas atmosphere is lacking, as are thrills and credible characters.
91 total views, no views today
– (1964) – A baron’s mourning over his deceased wife makes trouble for his new marriage, as does a suspicious black cat. Has moments that showcase a pulse, but a lot of this finds characters endlessly talking. Never frightening, and the plot is all over the place, but it’s short and has a decent outcome.
102 total views, 1 views today
– (2017) – Murders are occurring in an apartment complex, but the assumed instigator isn’t involved in the ways presumed. Though the red herring is obvious, the twist is not, yet this still suffers from never fully developing the characters or premise. Has some okay moments, but by the end feels like a wasted effort.
70 total views, no views today
– (2017) – A farmer who kills his wife over land is later haunted by her ghost and terrorized by rats. Takes forever to get going, but eventually hits a mysterious and involving stride. When all is said and done, however, nothing much is amounted to as nothing new is ever put forth. On the bright side, Thomas Jane is terrific.
64 total views, no views today
– (2018) – Anthology of four stories that focus on a serial killer, plastic surgery, suicide, and a murder attempt survivor. While the first tale offers a unique spin on the slasher genre, the rest feel like film school projects that offer nothing intriguing. Not a painful watch, but this is more apt to make you groan than scream.
58 total views, no views today
– (2016) – A group of friends enter an abandoned prison to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. The hipster characters get annoying fast, but eventually the horror aspects lead to reasons for their welcomed demise. The plot is a little all over the place, and much of what occurs is absurd, but it’s short and moves fast.
90 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – Police try to unravel a case that finds a group of paranormal investigators missing while one of them is suspected of murder. Though horror events do transpire, we know virtually nothing about anyone they’re happening to. The structure works, but the story never leads to realms of tension.
74 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A babysitter in the house of demonic relic collectors inadvertently unleashes the evil intentions of a possessed doll. Does what it can to establish credible characters, and they are likable, but the horror inflicted upon them is rather routine. Gets busy toward the end, but also feels unfocused. The best of the three so far, but still underwhelming.
77 total views, 1 views today