– (2008) – Vacationing friends contend with a legendary killer who once had his genitals removed. A so-called comedy that only amuses when ripping off lines from the Friday the 13th series. Strives to entertain, but mainly fails because nothing spoofed nor taken seriously feels original.
42 total views
– (2016) – Documentary that promises to explore the rise and fall of physical media, but spends most of its time following the creators as they thrift shop for movies. Means well and provides some credible info, but lacks a narrative focus and as such is appallingly disjointed. Probably fun for those involved, but all else beware.
51 total views, 3 views today
– (2018) – A young bride gradually learns of her domestic role while locked up in her wealthy husband’s estate. Creates a mystery with developments worth investing time in, but by the mid-point the crawling pace becomes a nagging hindrance. A quicker stride would have helped, as too many plot points are narrated at a near-whisper. Decent concept, dull execution.
46 total views
– (2018) – A couple celebrating their first wedding anniversary come to blows when one proves she’s a lunatic. Never does anything ground breaking or unusual, but is instead a tale with a few turns that don’t mean much against empty characters. Well made, but the script could have used some fleshing out.
49 total views, 2 views today
– (2020) – A group of friends chatting through Zoom are haunted by a malevolent force. Begins okay with believable banter between characters, but it’s hard to tell if what happens to them from a horror standpoint is comedy or not. Nothing here is remotely original, and too many attempted scares come across as laughable. Runs less than an hour, which is a huge benefit for the unimpressed.
83 total views
– (1998) – A family that embraces darkness reunite with relatives who embrace money. Does what it can to mimic the deadpan humor and cleverness of the first two films, but by now that well has run dry. This is all about gags, since the plot is too thin to commend, and though none are particularly funny, some offer amusement.
69 total views, 2 views today
– (2013) – Someone’s abducting, torturing, and killing people in a hidden room. That pretty much sums up the entire plot, as this is nothing more than an assembly of torture shots with no story to speak of. Bloody, but meaningless.
135 total views, 6 views today
– (2020) – Global warming researchers come under attack from a mutated breed of shark at their floating facility. Has more fighting among the human characters than their watery counterparts, as shark attacks are sporadic and too choppily edited. An incredibly dull venture that lacks excitement and chemistry among any two characters.
396 total views, 5 views today
– (2020) – Experiments are performed on female inmates as they’re pitted against one another on an island. Has virtually nothing to do with Amityville, since we’re only told what happened there instead of actually seeing those events. Makes no sense, has terrible acting, and the F/X are a joke.
76 total views, 2 views today
– (2019) – A man is summoned to his father’s house for reasons that are far from standard. Starts of well-enough, but around the mid-point starts throwing around too many oddball situations, and none are particularly engaging. Certainly unpredictable, but too scattered to fully grip.
71 total views, 1 views today