– (2021) – A man is bribed into cleaning up an abandoned children’s restaurant only to find that the animatronics within come to life. On the surface this sounds like zany fun, but the zaniness becomes briskly repetitive while the fun is lost to a lumbering pace. An all around bore, but the biggest concern is why anyone would hire the almighty Nicolas Cage only to give him nothing to do but punch oversized toys and play pinball.
183 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A werewolf is laying waste to citizens of a small town, creating trouble for local police. Doesn’t get off to the most absorbing of starts, since everything appears so common, but involvement in the dramatics does increase throughout. Not exactly a defining moment for lycanthrope films, but it’s steadily enjoyable and features a solid twist.
205 total views
– (2020) – Two kids unleash an intergalactic demon who’s pursued by a variety of enemies. Despite some top notch creature designs and ambitious F/X, there’s not much here to recommend since the story and its characters are so painfully shallow. Worst are the attempts at humor that too often fall flat, while the lead actress is nothing short of unlikable.
127 total views
– (2019) – An alienated young man and his overly spunky friend discover a witch who complicates an already dysfunctional town. On the bright side the practical F/X are impressive, and the attempt at horror is valiant. However, too many areas are reminiscent of any other fish-out-of-water yarn, while the mystery aspects run no deeper than a Scooby-Doo episode.
126 total views
– (2019) – A young nurse with euphoric ties to God slowly unravels while overprotecting her newest patient. A slow and steady account of a character who walks a fine line between zealotry and insanity. The mystery, already gripping throughout, leads to a knock-out conclusion that holds a lasting impression.
152 total views
– (2020) – A nurse who steals organs for the black market contends with a dolt who too easily screws everything up. The humor, while consistently dry, is rarely laugh-out-loud funny. The story, while consistently offbeat, is rarely profound. However, there are enough dark amusements to consider this a unique curiosity worthy of attention.
122 total views
– (2019) – War veterans become trapped in a bar by a narcotics dealer and his drug-ravaged minions. The senior cast is a welcome sight, as is the plethora of gore, but the plot and characters are beyond thin. Grows repetitive in a hurry, but moves relatively fast through the many violent moments.
121 total views
– (2019) – A woman who can sense ghosts helps a man reclaim his daughter from the spell of an occultist. A successful blend of comedy and witchery that’s equally funny and inventive. Hits a couple of lags here and there, but more often than not provides plenty of commendable amusements and surprises.
157 total views
– (2017) – Four friends on a hiking trip somehow get lost in a wooded terrain of religious atrocities. If not for some menacing atmosphere and eerie creature designs, there would be absolutely nothing to this. The whole scenario reeks of The Blair Witch Project while every character is a complete zero when it comes to compassion, camaraderie, or denoting any singular human trait.
129 total views
– (2015) – Off-campus college students are picked off by a masked killer on Christmas Eve. The characters are quirky enough to carry the watch, and cheap gore is in high supply throughout. The overall story and its outcome are weak, but there are worse ways to view a mounting body count.
150 total views