– (2020) – A troubled young woman swaps bodies with an active serial killer and has 24 hours to swap back. Works incredibly well when the comedic aspects of gender switching come into play, but all else is rather mundane. Has great highs, but too many ordinary lows. The finale is especially bothersome as this concludes as any other slasher would.
144 total views
– (2018) – A shark from a comic book ends up in shallow waters at Christmastime, and only the creator can end its reign. A deeply ridiculous outing that seems to have been built around the title, despite an appalling lack of holiday atmosphere. Still, it’s moderately fun and has an acceptable amount of cheesy charm.
152 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – Four budding witches develop their powers amid common high school struggles. Hardly reinvents the witchcraft wheel as nothing presented is remotely fresh. A remake/reboot that’s far more obnoxious than meaningful, and far more tedious than gripping. The final twist, however, is decent.
188 total views
– (2020) – A young boy is turned into a mouse at a witch convention and looks for a way to settle the score. Pretty much the same movie as the 1990 original, but suffers in comparison thanks to an overreliance of CGI and an overall lack of dark morbidity. Moves fast, but covers no new ground.
246 total views, 1 views today
– (2019) – A dark family faces opposition from a vibrant town as their family reunion draws near. Forces the point of having a distinct personality, which is nothing new to the film series. The plot is too scattered and the jokes too sporadic, but the pace is quick and the tone is zany. Uncle Fester, meanwhile, is annoying enough to nearly ruin the watch.
173 total views
– (2020) – Bystanders of a fatal beating become prey to a suspicious force. The concept of civilians filming events without intervening is commendable, but it’s a lesson crammed deep down our throats throughout. Far too irritating to create suspense, and lacks emotional ties to any character.
174 total views
– (2019) – A troubled young woman believes her dead mother is in her phone, and violently goes off the deep end. Won’t win awards for character depth, as only the lead actress is drawn, but there is some enjoyment thanks to a brisk pace and bloody instances. The conclusion, while preposterous, is somehow more bonkers than the set-up.
177 total views
– (2020) – Enhanced Graboid spawns make trouble for an island inhabited by trophy hunters. A pretty dry and overlong entry in a series that simply doesn’t need to progress anymore. Never outright bad, but it’s too stale overall, from familiar jokes to familiar monster activity.
269 total views
– (2013) – A group of strippers happen upon the realm of a murderous family. A Texas Chainsaw Massacre spoof that attempts humor at every turn but rarely does anything worth laughing with. Consists mainly of lame jokes and far too much genital mutilation.
360 total views
– (2020) – A man who’s too kind, too quirky, and too frightened for his own good investigates strange occurrences on Halloween. Begins as a well meaning and wholesome tale of an outcast protecting others, but by the mid-point becomes a trial of patience since the plot is so unabashedly weak. Humorous in spots, but the main highlight is the atmosphere.
177 total views