– (2016) – A rather old-looking high school student becomes a monstrous rodent when he’s aroused. Attempts to provide the cheese of 50’s monster movies, while heaping in a ton modern corn, and has its heart set on entertaining us in this manner. The problem is that the results range from incredibly lame to incredibly unfunny. Tries a little too hard to come across as offbeat.
85 total views, no views today
– (2017) – The students of Tromaville High continue to contend with radioactive adversaries of the mutant kind. The story is all over the place and never makes sense, but by now the plot in this series is hardly a cause for concern. This is the zaniest and most ludicrous of the bunch, and has some truly hysterical moments perhaps only Troma fans will recognize.
101 total views, no views today
– (2010) – A group of friends enter a closed corn maze only to find themselves picked off by a killer in a hoodie. It’s hard to say which aspect is worse, the acting, the villain, the editing, or every single element combined. Attempts a twist ending, but nothing leading up to it works, so why should a not-so-shocking outcome succeed?
74 total views, 1 views today
– (2020) – A curse from Japan brings terror to anyone who enters a particular American house. There are some horror moments here and there, but the bulk of this is a remarkably dull drama. A strive for quiet tension is attempted, but fails since few things are invigorating or remotely emotional.
77 total views, no views today
– (2019) – Anthology of five stories that focus on a masked killer, a killer doll, a killer dressed as Santa, a killer cult, and a wraparound involving a killer demon. Presents the gimmick of taking place on different holidays, but they can occur at any time since there’s virtually no holiday atmosphere in any segment, even the one with Santa. The tales themselves are either stale, dull, or rip-offs of superior films.
97 total views, 1 views today
– (2018) – A highly dysfunctional family turns to murder during a Christmas dinner party. Has plenty of violent zaniness, but the characters are so over the top in their regular deficiencies that their rise to insanity is barely noticed. Only the lead female comes close to commendable, as everyone else is repugnant out of the gate. Easy to get through, but once will do.
91 total views, no views today
– (2019) – Sorority
girls women contend with all manner of wicked guys. A little too heavy handed on the feminist agenda, especially the super-lame dance scene, and as such feels like topical propaganda. The pace is quick though, which helps one get through a plot that is hardly original or instructive.
127 total views, 1 views today
– (2015) – A killer dressed as Santa is mutilating men and women during the most festive time of year. While this does have holiday atmosphere and an abundance of murders, there’s a lack of overall creativity that renders this just another slasher. It’s better than most in that it moves fast and spills blood, but it’s still rather ordinary.
554 total views, no views today
– (1995) – A relic collector with the ability to spawn demons tracks down his decades-long nemesis in a desolate hotel. A little too sluggish at times, but the action is admirable when it does kick in. Has great creature F/X and some R-rated surprises, but an absolutely rotten ending nearly ruins the goods.
143 total views, 1 views today
– (1988) – A woman with serious man problems summons a demon for purposes of revenge, and things quickly turn violent. The plot is nothing special, but the 80’s vibe is high, the violence is ample, and there’s plenty of skin to please each gender. Corny and dry, but easy to get through.
104 total views, no views today