– (1979) – A monstrous fish is on the prowl near a vacation resort, to the dismay of the resort’s owner. Best when moving fast and showing camaraderie among colorful characters, but too many slow areas bog down the fun. Gloriously goofy at times, with some okay gore and decent female eye candy.
– (2016) – A young woman travels to a specific vacation spot to surf and recollect, and becomes stranded on a reef by sharks. Yet another water feature that might pretend it’s on par with Jaws, but has no such credibility as it’s more akin to the atrocious Open Water. A drab showcase of a prolonged victim who suddenly rises against an improbable occasion.
– (2016) – Whirlwinds of sharks (and cows) wreak havoc across the country, laying waste to washed up celebrities and those with no future. Gets off to an awesomely bombastic start in Las Vegas, but then settles into the safe corn this series thrives on. Goes to absurd places, and does have some fun vibes.
– (2015) – A theme park centered around deadly dinosaurs falls under attack from deadly dinosaurs. The characters are so blatantly empty that soulless animals gradually become the emotional heroes. A long, dull, and obvious rehash of events already seen in previous installments. This series is evolving in the wrong direction.
– (2015) – The western and eastern US seaboards are in line for a storm that brings sharks. A series that thrives on stupidity now expects everyone to have fun with forced manipulation. Strange in that it takes itself so seriously one moment, then exploits its own ineptness in another. Enough already.